Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By mpc4000 Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:12 pm
Hello,

i recently sold a MPC4000 which was working just fine. The machine now arrived at the buyer but he send me this error message. Does somebody around here know what it means or maybe even how to fix it?

I would be thankful for any advise even if it's just a suggestion on where else to ask people who may know more about this type of things.

Fatal Error! "Instruction Abort"
[ ID: 00000016, I: 40404044]
[FSR:C0005088, FAR: DDEFAFFE]

Thank you
By CharlesRandolph Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:51 am
That's the eprom error and I think it needs to be re-flashed. I had that issue before and that's why I avoid the Blue MPC 4000's. Try calling Forat or VST and see what they tell you. Since it was shipped, they could try opening it up, reseating the RAM, checking to see if anything is unplugged or loose, close it up and reinstalling the OS. Not sure if it would solve anything, but it worth a try.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:48 pm
mpc4000 wrote:Thank you very much for your help.

This is not a blue MPC4000, it's the normal white version.

May I ask how to contact Forat or VST?

Cool, I've seen it happen to the white version as well, but for some reason it tends to happens to the blue.
Did you buy the machine brand new? Here's their info.

http://www.forat.com/
http://www.vstservice.com/t-contact.aspx
By mpc4000 Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:16 pm
I got the MPC4000 from eBay, bought it from a guy in England. It worked flawlessly for me, only after shipping this issue came up.

I am located in Germany but the MPC4000 is in Greece right now. The contacts you gave me are in the US, any chance to find help in EU?
By mpc4000 Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:03 pm
Please, it's been already a year and this MPC400 is still in same condition.
I can not find anybody who is able to flash it.
Does somebody have a link to instructions to do it myself?
What hardware do i need for that?
I love this machine and can simply not throw it in the bin.
By cleansocks Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:00 am
mpc4000 wrote:Please, it's been already a year and this MPC400 is still in same condition.
I can not find anybody who is able to flash it.
Does somebody have a link to instructions to do it myself?
What hardware do i need for that?
I love this machine and can simply not throw it in the bin.

akai official does not help with this? Might help to contact them, unles its common problem