Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By cleansocks Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:06 am
Hey so I wanted to know How ya'll approach **loading** in your sounds. Yes, loading. Say you have a song you are thinking to craft and you don't know how many sounds you're gonna put in there, but you can anticipate theres probably gonna be a kick, drum, snare, synth, melody at least or some other substitute for these ingredients, idk. The point is you're loading all these different sounds to craft your song.

now, do ya'll load in individual sounds and assign it 16 pads ? Or Do you have custom program settings for this specific purpose? Not sure what file i think its .akp ? That stores the program settings with the sounds. Yall Load your sounds in like that or just individually? I notice it slows me down when someone is with me in the stu recently cuz I gotta craft from scratch and the machine I gotta find a good sound then load it and 16 level it and sometiimes It doesnt sound right so I gotta do it all over again.l ITs time consuming. I was thinking if its possible I could rearrange the samples I like in various programs and save them in a folder so in the future i Can just refer to those instead of hunting for an individual sound and tinkering with it...

but if yall are doing just fine flow wise like its not really jammin u up loading individual sounds then maybe im just overthinking it.
By Methlab Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:57 pm
Vary it up. I have pre built kits in folders that I can save as programs. everything is tuned up and done. So that’s my favorite way.

I also have a program of 64 sounds - lots of kicks, snares, hats..everything. I use that as well, but it’s a backup plan to the prebuilt kits.

Samples from Mars and others have prebuilt kits in their packs, so you don’t even have to make them yourself if you don’t want to.
By Lampdog Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:18 pm
I made my own template with my fave drums, fave mixer settings, everything I want to start with. Saved this to autoload folder and it starts up when powered on.

Load other samples as I need/move along

I have a template in Korg Kronos2 and another in X as well Don’t wanna start from zero all the time..
By Dillionaire_ Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:53 am
I've been using midi heavily, about 10 synths and a couple romplers. Having everything programed saves countless hours.

Doing a fair bit of sampling at the moment so planning to do the same thing with drum programs w/ samples soon. Makes no sense doing everything from scratch.

4000 has more than enough ram to make some pretty serious drum bank programs with plenty to get a basic idea down.