Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By gat100 Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:41 am
I need some assistance Syncing my MPC4000 to Abelton 10 where I can record on my MPC4000 for the fill or the MPC into Abelton and I have a Lynx Aurora (n) interface and I have a window 10 PC.
I'm using a Mio 1-in/1-Out USB to MIDI Interface for PC and midi cables for my computer but I can't get it to recognize Abelton and I'm not sure If I should be using that kind of connection for my PC. I just need some guidance on MPC 4000 users that have successfully recorded this way.
By wavejockey Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:02 pm
i'm not sure the MIO is recognized by both your DAW and your MPC
if so you need to lock/sync/slave ableton with the MIDI interface MIDI clock coming from MPC
don't forget to enable MIDI sync in the SYNC window in Ableton and MIDI clock send on the MPC
By Dillionaire_ Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:41 pm
wavejockey wrote:i'm not sure the MIO is recognized by both your DAW and your MPC
if so you need to lock/sync/slave ableton with the MIDI interface MIDI clock coming from MPC
don't forget to enable MIDI sync in the SYNC window in Ableton and MIDI clock send on the MPC

^ this is the way, i think you just need to set external clock to be coming from Ableton, personally i havent done all that yet but will do eventually.

i recently had to sync a whole heap of synths to the MPC4000, which is a similar process just the other way round. Something I wish i knew earlier is, you need to go to (MISC) then SyNC options and press turn SYNC on.

It kind of looks like its ON, when its OFF if that makes sense, spent much of a day scratching my head and changing cables for no reason