Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Dillionaire_ Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:15 pm
One more question,

I've been getting my head around the Q link pretty well last days, I've read the manuals and just wanted to ask if the below would be possible

Say, a midi track is sending notes to a hardware Synth

Over QLINK, is it a possibly to send "cutoff filter" or "ADSR" values to the Synth

Idea is just to spice up the patterns I'm creating.

My plan B is to work around, by resampling my synth pattern into the MPC and to send it back out the 8 outs
Plan C is to pull my finger out and get everything into ableton for arrangement, but i personally enjoy not using computer.
By Uncle Dieppe Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:52 pm
I use a Novation Remote Zero Mk2 to get round the lack of Q Link Knobs,I have programmed a template for every synth in the Studio set up for the Midi CCs on my Synths that way I can just pull up the Template on the novation and can record the knob movements directly into the MPC tracks,very flexible and easy to control external gear.

Don't forget when you assign CCs to the Qlinks you can also then use the Q link sequence to create rhythmical patterns by time division of these CCs,great for creating Filter Sweeps or panning Tricks on your external gear in time to the Tempo there's no end of possibilities to create unique effects on your external Gear. :mrgreen:

The Q link sequence is a real Gem in the 4K,it allows you to experiment with Parameter automation without having to draw it in, you can record it in realtime into a track if you want and then free the Q link sequence up to try other CCs