Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By cleansocks Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:36 am
Hello,

I notice at least for me, compared to the Mpc one and others, it is difficult for me to lay down a drum pattern. You cannot import a drum program as easy as it is an older device. You need to import them and it takes time, sometimes only to see the drum is not what you want.

Also, i cannot decide which is works better, whether for separating all drums into one program, all hats into one program, all bass into one program and going from there, Or putting a hat drum kick snare and bass into one program. For me, It just seems like my drums are ass, like there is no sense of rhythym and my timing is off. IT just doesnt sound good and it is demoralizing as it takes time to import and tweak the drum and hi hat to find the right sound idk.

This is not a complaint, I love the MPC 4000 more than any other machine i worked with sound wise and option wise nothing comes close to it hardware wise, but I have trouble specifically with drums and how to lay them down. What is your workflow when it comes to the MPC 4000 and the quirks it comes with?
By Lampdog Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:27 am
I hated the limiting fx bus on 4k.
I loved the matrix.
I wanted better preview features.
I wanted aksys to come back better.

I would HIGHLY suggest looking at the X.

My 4k workflow was destroyed the first week a friend let me borrow his Live and I was hardcore 4k. Immediately went and got an X. Have NOT looked back.
By dryad-66 Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:38 pm
If the X had the overall sound and feel of the 4000 i would be on it now.The way i worked on the 4 was to keep it real simple and just vibe on what i had loaded.Its got some real mojo and that modulation matrix needs to be unlocked.Get to know the limited fx better,downsampling and wierd qualitize settings ectect.And them mix that into the daw.Otherwise yeah go with the easier flow of the X.Def more modern…