Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By cleansocks Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:11 pm
hey,

I been producing mostly sample type beats and boom bap stuff, but I wanted to know if anyone uses their 4000 for more modern stuff like rage beats or drill music?

Personally, it seems daunting cuz the machine is just so slow compared to a DAW or a newer machine like an MPC one, but thats just me. Whats your guys' opinion on using this machine for stuff like rage or ripsquad type beats, and even different genres like edm or techno music.
By cleansocks Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:16 pm
Kalou wrote:Never heard of rage beats, so will hafta look that up. But what do you feel is slow about the 4K that means you can't produce drill etc?

feels like it takes too much time to lay down a drum loop with kicks and snares and stuff etc. that ill end up liking. Its not impossible but I feel it takes way longer on the MPC compared to FL.

normally this isnt a problem with boom bap because figuring out the kicks and snares and hats etc. is the bulk of the work and once thats done its mostly over.

rage and drill i feel is different cause theresm ore effects and layers attached to it and those just arent as easy to get down on the MPC imo. Ive had this machine for a year or two now.
By Emilie Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:51 pm
It's funny because i like it for how fast it is to work on compared to the newer MPC'swith the iPad screen and sloppy MIDI ;-). I do all kind of electronic music on this machine and i love the modulation matrix and Q-link sequencer for making werid glitchy stuff that can be resampled, cut up and used for percussive stuff.