Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By gdogpwns Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:36 pm
I recently bought an LED backlit screen from SNAFU on Reverb who has been incredibly unhelpful. It was supposed to come with instructions but none were sent to me and they stopped responding to my messages.

Does anyone have the instructions sheet? They said this would be a “plug and play” solution, but there seems to be a ground wire soldered to the original screen (I can solder just fine, I just don’t appreciate being lied to by sellers.) It also has a potentiometer and I’m not sure what the deal is with that?

I don’t want to accidentally wreck my display or MPC so I’m coming to you wonderful people for help.
By Sense-A Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:09 am
Open up the display housing and you will see the potentiometer for contrast is on a separate board.

I don't recall a ground wire being soldered to original screen. There is a ground wire that screws on to the back of the display board. Attaches with a screw.

I have successfully replaced two LCD screens in MPC 4000. One I used display from a medical device. The other i salvaged from a parted-out mpc 4000.