Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By glide Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:43 pm
:hmmm:
I've not been in my home studio for years.. just travel the world now ...

but I cant recall the filter having an attenuation per say, nor can I think of why this would be needed as the architecture is fixed ... there are gain stages before and after the filter and cutoff offsets .. why would there be additional leveling of the filter ..

you are not in a ''free audio path'' aka modular routing system whereas you can patch mutlitudes of volume sources into a filter apart from the 4layers (each with volum control)..

can you clarify
By Sinius Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:24 pm
Manual s.212
"
Filter block
Here you can make various filter-related settings for the key group or note number.
A Type field
Selects the type of filter. For details on the available types, refer to page 214.
B Cutoff freq field
Adjusts the cutoff frequency of the filter.
C Resonance field
Adjusts the resonance of the filter.
D Attenuation
Adjusts the level of the signal after it passes through the filter. Use this to adjust the level if boosting the resonance has caused the signal to overload.
E R1–R4 fields
Specify the rate 1–rate 4 values of the filter envelope.
F L1–L4 fields
Specify the level 1–level 4 values of the filter envelope."

Maybe D is already the answer,
but my question is more of a gerneral one...
By Telefunky Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:02 pm
From a general pov any change in loudness will alter the „sound“, even if the spectrum remains constant.
The human ear’s frequency response changes with level, described in the Fletcher-Munson curve.
But with a narrow filter peak this aspect is negligible (imho), the attenuator is rather a mixing convenience feature, as stated in D.