Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Kalou Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:40 pm
hello all - i’ve got the adat board in my 4k and im trying to sample in from the roland vp 9000. no problem using coaxial cable but via the adat in i get nothing.

there’s no settings i can find in the MPC to adjust and similar with the VP. have checked both manuals. adat out on the 4k works just fine. sample rates are the same on both machine. any thoughts? :?
By robleighton22 Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 pm
Haven't seen a post anywhere on this but with the ADAT card it seems to have an input and output. How many sampling inputs does it provide and is this in addition to the analog inputs?
By Lampdog Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 pm
8 outs are same, not in addition. You don't get 16.
By robleighton22 Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:52 am
Referring to inputs not outputs. Most info out there refers to the outputs but the adding card has an ADAT input that presumably can be connected to expand the number of inputs to record into the MPC. Unless I read it wrong!
By Telefunky Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:36 pm
Yes, you can record/sample from any of the 8 Adat lines (mono) or 4 pairs (stereo).
Adat out 1/2 doesn‘t overlap with analog input 1/2.
To be precise: I use Adat 1/2 as standard main output. While it‘s playing a loop (or whatever), recording on analog inputs 1/2 is working flawless.
By robleighton22 Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:54 am
That's pretty sick. So I could have the ADAT in connected to my Audiofuse 16rig and record 8 inputs. Must reduce the amount of wires. Will keep my eyes peeled for one of the cards.
By Telefunky Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:04 pm
stating the obvious: you can only record from 1 stereo pair or it‘s respective mono channels at a time.
But it definitely reduces the number of cables. That‘s why I prefer Adat, 2 TosLink lines instead of 16 cables, which my case (connectivity to DAW and 2 processing units) would add up to 48 cables.
Adat also allows patching with constant, reliable timing and avoids multiple passes through converters.

It didn‘t save me any $$$, though... for more than 2 Adat devices, you need a dedicated central master clock... or end up in sync hell. :Sigh: