Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Lauedbeatz Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:59 pm
So I recently had to replace my lcd board after an instance where my 4k got flipped upside down right on its face against hard wood floor. Ended up having to order a USED one (after searching/waiting for about 6mo) from mpcstuff.com for $150 + tax/shipping (ouch). The guy said soldering the ground wire wasn’t completely necessary if I wasn’t able to. What does he mean exactly by that and why? I went ahead and tried to twist it to connect to what I left from the old cable but to my attempts, the new one just ended up twisting right off the board :WTF: :x . I still went ahead and completed installing the rest and, sure enough the screen worked again. I’m just curious though, what could go wrong or happen by not connecting that wire? Would it possibly ruin anything else at all ? Thanks
By Telefunky Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:59 am
That wire grounds the shield of the display.
You might experience a slight increase of noise, but that‘s about it.
No parts will be damaged by not connecting the wire. The information given was correct.

Without soldering, you can fix the cables by a small metal tube (f.e. from a female drive power connector) crimped above the wiggle. (isolate by tape to prevent shorts)