Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Rob Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:28 am
This thread should only be used to add links to interesting threads holding information for the new Tips & Tricks (Bible) book.

If you find a thread holding information that should actually go into the Bible thread (and the book), but you're too lazy to cut and paste the info, add a link to that thread here, so that I will find it eventually and do the hard work for you. ;)
Last edited by Rob on Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Lampdog Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:24 pm
What's wrong with the search button?

By Rob Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:30 pm
Tell me how to do a search for 'solid information suited for the Tips and Trick book that has not yet been placed in the Bible thread'. :wink:

By renegadebliss Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:21 am
Lampdog wrote:What's wrong with the search button?

There's quite a bit wrong wtih the search button that is deployed on the mpc-forums.com site. It is not very advanced.

To find info on this site, I always end using Google's "Advanced Search" that let's you give a specific website for Google to search through.

It's not really anything that mpc tutor can do, as it's the search capabilities that came with the forum software that he is using. The google method gives me exactly what I am looking for , so it works great for me.
By glide Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:42 am
OK say you have a perc program that plays short note on samples in a sequence (imagine we are working on a set of hihats or snappy congas

Make a copy of perc pattern and set it up to play a copy of the original perc program (song mode will thank you for it)

In (the copied) Program

Select the sound/pad you want to shuffle and in > Edit1 Edit2 or Zone Page locate the cursor on “note” > press Open window, set it to play on note off

Once you change it to “note off you’ll hear how the sequence changed; it’s now playing a bit off due to the delay of notes being triggered on note off instead of note on,

Note: the Scuffle effect is only effective on sound you play with a quick release, (self-explanatory)

So now Enter TC window (TimingCorrect+Open)

Selected the “note off” note/s and (+/-)shift the notes until they fit in a grove you may have to/want to experiment with swing

The dif between doing this and just plain shifting them is that the feel is different as the trigger time of the notes is generate on the pads release giving you a more Random / humanized / Shuffled feel

It may work it may not, but it’s always a save place to find an idea