Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By unconventional Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:30 am
i wanted to mess around with the filters in the program menu edit))))) and for some reason the sequencer would play for a few seconds and shut off an X would appear over the speaker icon at the top next to the part name. I was messin with the q link slider before that anyways i decided to load a new song from the hard drive same song and now i can tweak the filters and edit in the program menu while the sequencer is playing so anyone have any idea why this happend why my sound was cutting off int he program menu???

thanks
By AWW_NAWW Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:32 am
unconventional wrote: the sequencer would play for a few seconds and shut off an X would appear over the speaker icon at the top next to the part name.

QUE??

never heard ofthis ill check it when I get home to mine

By sparky Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:38 am
this happened to my MPC too, i messed around with the multis for a bit and it went away. I'm MIDI illiterate but i thought it might have been a mute command somewhere in the control change messages i'd written in by accident...

By Rob Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:13 am
I think the X appears when a program is selected via a MIDI program change command that is not available.