Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By Kalei Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:07 pm
I was browsing www.akaipro.jp looking at the mpc2500 (official!) and for fun I checked the 4000 page too. I looked at the large jpg thats on there and saw that the mpc that they had taken pictures of runs OS 1.71c. I thought the latest one out was 1.71? So the blue ones ship with 1.71c and the latest to download is 1.71? Weird... Unless 1.71c is an internal beta? Anyone in the loop on this?

http://www.akaipro.jp/products/images/a ... 4k_02b.jpg

Kalei

By adrian Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:57 pm
Most likely it is a beta, but the good news for everyone out there is that AKAI obviously continues to work on the OS for the MPC 4000.

By BBoy2005 Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:17 pm
The main bug I have with 1.71 is deleted sequences

that is, when into "song" mode going into "main" erases the sequence that the sequencer stopped at in "song" mode

like right now, I have selected "Seq : 4-Sequence_004" in the "main" mode
if I go into "song" mode, play my song and stop the sequencer when it reaches the 2nd step which is "Seq : 9-Sequence_009"
then go into "main" mode, the MPC deletes "Seq : 4-Sequence_004" by changing the name to ""Seq : 4-Sequence_009", and every data originally contained in "Seq : 4-Sequence_004" is erased
if you panic and change to another sequence in "main" mode then "Seq : 4-Sequence_004" is erased forever
to avoid having "Seq : 4-Sequence_004" erased, you have to go back to song mode and select the step where "Seq : 4-Sequence_004" starts (this is step 1) in this particular song
then if you go back to main mode everything is in proper order

this bug can be replicated quite easily when you make a song with like 10 or more sequences and go back and forth between the "Song" mode and the "Main" mode

another bug I had a few days ago was the complete deleting of 3 sequences, i can't replicate this bug, but what I know is that there was apparently no way to get my sequences back

that d be nice if they could fix these bugs on the next OS

By drumtrack Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:44 pm
get rid of 1.71
i have nothing good to say about that os. I would be ashamed if I were akai by releasing this piece of junky os
akai is the most unprofessional company i know of. its really sad! they leave us in the cold and build a complete new mpc with all the features we were asking for for several years!

anyway,... install 1.70 and start make some tunes :)

By BBoy2005 Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:49 pm
I just hope they fix these problems with the next OS

By One Up Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:46 am
I agree! V1.71 sucks! I installed it and synced up to Nuendo in the studio like always but the track got all out of sync from the grid! I was like " what tha F**k!" The sync was way tighter on V1.53, which was the last one I'd used. So stick with what works, I reverted to the old faithful. I wonder how the other versions' timing is?
By plum Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:01 pm
Hi seasoned MPC4k users,

I've entered the mysterious world of akai mpc4k now two months ago. And it feels like reading the DaVinci code. In many ways the machine is all i always dreamt of. in many ways there is confusion especially considering the OS
I've spent quite some time surfing around the globe to get info on using virtual a.k.a.streaming samples like the s5\6K, which was mentioned in the brochure but not in the manual. A (very helpfull) person at Akai holland
fowarded my mail to the devellopment team and my impression is that there are many at akai doing their best not leaving us in the cold.
This may sound naive but i recently migrated from EMU which after the creative labs takeover forgot about their userbase who paid a lot of money for their products. But thats a drawback of modern economics which apply to its greatest extend to the niche market of digital gear.
I have been working with samplers and hdrecording since 1984 and had my share of deceptions. A valued tool can all of a sudden become outdated,obsolete and eventually extinct, those who use it , grim heretics,stumbling in the dark. Its kind of sad that what you've learned is not longer applicable.
To jump to the matter, I would like to establish or be a part of an organized user/devellopperforum, not to nag about all thats wrong or stupid but I also want to know why some things are(yet) impossible and what can be done to improve the machine. Or maybe { to make myself even more ridiculous} ask them to release an open source version and developpertools.
It seems so absurd that every os is worse than its predecessor but as far as i know the s5/6k started of virtually nonfunctional and ended as a stable
worhorse with unique possibilities
By the way i'm using 1.71 and have no complaints but I havent been utilising Q-link or synchronisation.

I now go make some music, SUO

plum

By fader-pro Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:22 pm
Plum,
I'm using 1.7 and it syncs fine to SMPTE and MTC...also Q link seems to work as advertised both on internal sounds and external modules...
By JUKE 179r Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:03 am
Anyone got OS 1.7 and/or v1.71c they can post up? I want to try it out vs. my v1.71. Cheers!