Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By jacey714 Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:39 pm
I just got both IB4D and IB4ADT...and appearantly there is supposed to be a cable that connects between the IB4D and IB4ADT card...However, it wasn't included with either of the cards...My question is...what type of cable do I need and where can I get it? Is it something that I can buy at Radio Shack?
Last edited by jacey714 on Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jacey714 Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:18 am
According to the instructions for IB4ADT it's a 5-pin connecting cable...Is this a standard type cable that I can buy at a computer store?

By adrian Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:08 am
You might be able to find it at a computer parts store but, I think it would be easier to contact AKAI or VST and have them send you one. It should have been included and they owe it to you.

By jacey714 Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:35 am
I talked to VST today...people at Akai is no help...They always have the customers call VST...It's like they gave up completely on customer support...Anyways...I talked to the friendly people at VST...the tech at VST is looking into it...said he would call me when he finds out what type of cable it is...I'll post the progress...Thanks!

P.S. Even with all these posts...I can't fiind a single post about this topic...or am I not searching right?
Last edited by jacey714 on Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

By adrian Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:37 am
Let me know what VST says, I might have a spare cable here somewhere.

By jacey714 Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:38 am
Thanks!!! You da best!!!

By adrian Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:38 am
BTW, I have a detailed "how to" about connecting the option boards in the newbie bible. I think it is on page 3 or 4.

By jacey714 Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:59 am
Adrian...I just read your instructions on installing the cards...I have couple of questions...What is the reason for connecting the grey cable to the CD drive? Also, what does the green cable do when it's connected between the IB4D and IB4ADT? Thanks...

By jacey714 Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:52 pm
Here's the verdict...I talked to Akai and VST Services...Neither parties have the cable...which sounds absolutely rediculous...If Akai doesn't have it then who does??? Anyways, if anyone has this cable that I'm talking about I'm willing to buy it...

People at Akai are useless...

By feline1 Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:28 pm
Here's what I would do:

go to a photocopy machine (xerox, for our american friends),
take a copy of your arse,
and send it to Akai Unprofessional Inc.
By MPC USER GUY Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:21 am
HELLO jacey714, My name is MPC USER GUY and I'm sorry to hear about your option problem and how AKAI or any of the other "Businesses" won't really help. I'll try the best I can.

I believe the cable in question is the 8 pin(8 green wire) jumper cable PART#L5263(2)PH8P that goes from the P1 recepticle on the IB4ADT to the P2 recepticle on the IB4D shown in this picture that ADRIAN took Image
Correct?
Have you tried to return the cards, get your money back and buy the cards from AKAI as opposed to just trying to get the cables? Just checking.

Maybe you could print this PIC out and take it place to place? Just Checking.

How about calling some local AKAI AUTHORIZED SHOPS and see if they have the cable there? Just checking.

How about doing a search online for the cable? Maybe some Authorized shop online will have it. Just checking.

I'm sorry that I don't have an extra one, but don't lose hope.
I'll check around and see If I can find someone who has it.

Just Trying to help,
MPC USER GUY 8)
PS:This is what the entire IB4ADT package is supposed to look like:
I found it here:http://www.nuloop.com/en/home-studio/item/28875/samplers/akai_ib4adt.html
Or here:http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/IB4ADT/

By jacey714 Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:24 am
The problem is...I had the IB4ADT card for a while now...and I just got the IB4D coaxial card recently...I didn't see the need for the cable until now...and the cable is long gone...

VST Service happens to be the "go to" store for Akai and they didn't have it...They did however told me that they can custom make the cable...They told me to bring both of the cards in...and get this...It costs $75!!! Crazy...

By adrian Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:45 pm
Sorry, I completely forgot about this. I do have an extra cable, somewhere, I just have to dig out. Send me your address in a PM. I have a couple of CD's I am mailing to UK, so I will mail the cable the same day. Hopefully Monday.

By adrian Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:56 pm
Forget the previous post. I have a set of extra cables for connecting the HDD and CD drives, NOT the ADAT baord. Sorry.

Adrian
By MPC USER GUY Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:56 pm
HELLO jacey714! I'm currently doing some checking around. Let's see what turns up. If you find it before I get any info, please let me know.

I personally would not have it custom made. But that is my opinion.
Someone out there has got to have this cable; I'm almost sure of it.

Just trying to help where I can,
MPC USER GUY 8)