Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000

By jacey714 Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:59 am
Thanks MPC User Guy! It's people like you that shows us that there's still good people out there...
Last edited by jacey714 on Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
By MPC USER GUY Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:39 am
No Problem! So far, no success; due to shops not stocking the card "accessories" but stocking the entire card itself. But don't give up hope; someone must have this cable!

The "funny" or not so funny thing about AKAI is that they modify many, but not all, of their cables. In some cases you could go to a Comp USA or your neighborhood computer store(very valuable by the way) and buy what you think is the right cable then further checking reveals different wire AWG(guage), wrong connector ends, etc... Oh boy! In some cases it winds up being exactly what you are looking for(Many power cables-internal and external- can be found in your neighborhood computer stores-but in this case I'm pretty sure you need the exact cable).

Well, I'm still checking around and not losing hope for you!

MPC USER GUY 8)
By MPC USER GUY Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:54 am
Hello again jacey714!
I received some feedback from some shops but what they report is that they're having a tough time even stocking the IB4ADT itself! :shock:

They report an eta of November 17 and some say some time in December,
but that's for the complete option kit.

I'm still looking. I hope you're checking as well.

Don't lose hope. I'm sure someone has got to have this cable.

Just trying to help,
MPC USER GUY 8)
By MPC USER GUY Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:40 pm
Hello once again jacey714! I haven't forgotten about you!

I received more responses but no cables are available. This is due to the
difficulty getting the option board itself. From what I've experienced with the MPC4000, the option boards seem to be the most difficult to attain. :(
So, this search may go on for a while; possibly months. I'll be keeping
my eye out for it, and if I find it, I'll let you know.

Just trying to help,
MPC USER GUY 8)
By adrian Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:25 pm
MPC USER GUY wrote:Hello once again jacey714! I haven't forgotten about you!

I received more responses but no cables are available. This is due to the
difficulty getting the option board itself. From what I've experienced with the MPC4000, the option boards seem to be the most difficult to attain. :(
So, this search may go on for a while; possibly months. I'll be keeping
my eye out for it, and if I find it, I'll let you know.

Just trying to help,
MPC USER GUY 8)

Most retailers never stocked the option boards, they are special order.

jacey714, your next best thing to do is try contacting AKAI in Japan.
By MPC USER GUY Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:56 pm
ADRIAN, contacting JAPAN for something like this? Really?
Have you ever contacted JAPAN before? If so:

Would you please post AKAI JAPAN's contact info for US?

Also, being that they're overseas, are you familiar with the shipping costs out of JAPAN into the USA?

How about a contact overthere?

Sounds GREAT!

I'm looking forward to your "inside information."

MPC USER GUY 8)

By adrian Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:12 pm
I use to have a few email adresses to some of the guys there but, those are no longer vaild since thier move. I am sure there is a link on the AKAI Japan site.

www.akai-pro.jp
By MPC USER GUY Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:05 pm
Well, I guess I'm going to either need another Japanese language pack installed or brush up on my Japanese(I used to work with Japanese techs for another company some years ago-very brilliant and disciplined people). Is it me or is most of the page including the support links in Japanese? Thanks for the link anyway.

Well, maybe you have ways of contacting AKAI JAPAN, adrian, but I'm going to keep looking around and checking right here in the good ol'USA

Now back to jacey714:
I'm still contacting some shops about the cable; there are many, many shops in NYC. Don't lose hope! :D

MPC USER GUY 8)
By MPC USER GUY Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:08 pm
jacey714, adrian does have a good idea about contacting AKAI in JAPAN, but what you need is a site that is translated into english, and as I read some past posts by Blue Haze, I saw a link to a site where Blue Haze Mentions on the post "If the OS development is slow...make it open source" page 13, how most of AKAI JAPAN'S STAFF was canned and is now "Pro Audio." So, maybe you can contact them?

Here's the site:http://www.pro-audio.jp/

Maybe you can contact their support or parts dept? Try it out.
I'll still be checking around and if anything comes up, I'll let you know.

Just trying to help out where I can,
MPC USER GUY 8)

By jacey714 Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:09 am
Actually, the guy I talked to at Akai USA already contacted his person in Japan, and basically was given the same answer...that they don't have those cables available...Sounds like the only solution is to find one second hand or resort to making the cable for $75 God forbid...
By MPC USER GUY Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:09 am
Oh, I see. Well, If I hear anything at all regarding this cable I'll surely let you know. Somethings bound to turn up.

Just trying to help,
MPC USER GUY 8)

By jacey714 Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:12 am
Thanks...I owe u one...
By MPC USER GUY Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:23 pm
Hello jacey714! I have TERRIFIC NEWS! I found a place that has the cable in stock and I should have thought about it earlier. It's a shop that customizes MPC's and they've been doing it for years! That company is called "FORAT." Many users are familiar with this company as a paint/detailing type, but I don't know if many of them are aware that they sell some replacement parts for the MPC's also. The cable will cost $20.

Ok, contact Forat at 818-763-3007 and ask for "Bruce" or contact them online here: http://www.forat.com/ They're in California too!

I told you something would turn up! :D
Let me know how it turns out.

Just trying to help,
MPC USER GUY 8)
By MPC USER GUY Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:59 pm
Hello jacey 714! Have you ordered your cable yet? Just Curious.

One other thing FYI that I found out today and I relayed this to another member:
I just got off the phone with a salesman at SWEETWATER 800-222-4700
and he tells me that THEY DO STOCK OPTION CARDS except the "IB-4D SPDIF I/O with WordClock" which is a SPECIAL ORDER; it's the only special order option for the MPC4000.
Now here's the Sweetwater time table for the option cards:
IB-48P : 8 analog outputs:AVAILABLE JAN/FEB 2007
IB-4ADT : ADAT digital I/O:AVAILABLE END OF DECEMBER
IB-4D SPDIF I/O with WordClock : SPECIAL ORDER THAT TAKES 3-4 WEEKS TO GET AFTER ORDER PLACEMENT

Again, that last part was FYI.
Let me know when you get the cable and hook it up.
Just trying to help,
MPC USER GUY 8)
8) 8)
Last edited by MPC USER GUY on Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By jacey714 Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:30 am
WOW!!! I finally found it...at Forat!!! I just placed an order and it will be here in the next couple of days...Thanks MPC User Guy!!! You did the impossible!!! You're da best!!! God Bless!!!