Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000

By TCHARLZ Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:03 pm
IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Yes it was the ram, now it seems it works like a charm, the sound is banging, the menus are lovely laid out, it seems very user friendly....

So thanx everyone User guy, renegade, hyena and drumtrack, You were all very suportive.

Charles

By drumtrack Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:47 pm
yeah no problem and sorry for my attitude lol
but i was right, werent i? :D

By TCHARLZ Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:55 pm
:evil: :evil: :evil: :D :D :D

Unroll the red carpet, here I'm coming into the mpc 4k realm, "land of the elite" lol

By drumtrack Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:34 pm
TCHARLZ wrote::evil: :evil: :evil: :D :D :D

Unroll the red carpet, here I'm coming into the mpc 4k realm, "land of the elite" lol

damn right! and put off your hat too please.. and bow, you motherfokkah. Bend your head forward to show us some respect

By drumtrack Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:38 pm
on Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:21 pm you had your answer. and then today you find out it is the ram but you screw up a screw and now you cant open the unit anymore. you bought the mpc broken and you knew it. cmon dude... youre in way over your head :lol:

no actually youre doing things too fast without thinking. you bought a broken mpc rapidly without thinking and then you take the first screwdriver that you find which isnt suited for the mpc and so you brake the unit. Ease up and take two steps more instead of rushing things
Last edited by drumtrack on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By renegadebliss Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:44 pm
TCHARLZ wrote:IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Yes it was the ram, now it seems it works like a charm, the sound is banging, the menus are lovely laid out, it seems very user friendly....

So thanx everyone User guy, renegade, hyena and drumtrack, You were all very suportive.

Charles

Yes! I'm very glad that it was such a simple item...

Well, since your buying RAM now... make sure that you buy 2 of the same kind and buy it from somebody that takes returns, so if it doesn't work, you can exchange it for a different brand...

Dave

By TCHARLZ Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:35 pm
My dear drumtrack! How are you?

No, I used an appropriate screw driver, but the screw couldn't turn anymore cause the it was locked. I think the previous guy opened it the wrong way and torn a little bit the metal piece to which the screw was attached.

Also, have some rest, and use your energy to make music instead, you funny though.

Grow up, you'll end up using the f word a little less maybe....

Though, I must admit you're not totally wrong when you say I act without thinkin', It happens.... :roll:
Last edited by TCHARLZ on Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:59 pm, edited 10 times in total.

By TCHARLZ Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:46 pm
sorry double
Last edited by TCHARLZ on Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By TCHARLZ Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:53 pm
Indeed there were two differnt ram-sticks inside. One was original ram taken from a mac G4 :shock: and the other was another brand....

I think I will order the mutec ones, I can stick with 16mb until then.

By renegadebliss Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:47 pm
hyena wrote:is that so important to have the same exact ram sticks?
i bought my 4k with just one 256 stick installed and was thinkin to upgrade it now, do you think is better if i take out the one i have andd buy two identical sticks?
thanx

The 2 Sticks of RAM that I have are the same, so I don't know personally, but I'm going off of seeing many users posting about issues and them being resolved by switching to the same type of RAM.

Remember, we can put 2 different speeds of RAM in, 100mhz and 133mhz,
so I think if your not going to get the same brand as what you already
have in there, you'll probably want the same speed at least.

I'm not saying that it's not going to work, as I don't really know for sure, but with such an important thing as RAM and how cheap they are (I got my 256M stick for $36)I tend to try to lesson any type of oddities that might show up.

Dave
By danformless Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:06 pm
I had this problem recently. After about 6 solid hourd of use suddenly no audio would output. I went into teh sample page and in there i could get sound. When switching between monitor sources the sequence I had playing would momentarily cut through so I assumed it was maybe a RAm issue.

Before opening up my machine to remove and reseat the RAM I thought I would post my issue on the MPC4000 owners group on Facebook and a guy named Damiano replied telling me to check my Global settings that the sample rate was not wrong. It had always been set to 96khz, but my samples are all 44.1khz so I had assumed that would not be the issue. I changed the global sample rate setting to 44.1khz and suddenly everything was working perfectly again. Sound was back and I was saved a lot of trouble by Damiano's logical and helpful response.

So I am posting this comment here to maybe help other people. You should also check out Damiano's YouTube channel and maybe also join the MPC4000 owners group also as it still seems pretty active.

http://www.youtube.com/tonelab
[url]
https://www.facebook.com/groups/akaizseries[/url]