Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By afrosamurai Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:03 am
Hey guys, i'm a bit desperate right now... used the mpc 4000 yesterday for a show and got to the gig today and it didn't work.. no sound was coming out of the outputs, neither the headphones... same setup as yesterday, haven't changed a thing...

already checked if the analog in is workin, and it is.. any ideas on what this could be???

still have a couple hours before the party, so if anyone could help...

By capcityrecords Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:05 am
Make sure outputs r set to L and R and not 1 and 2...hope that helps...If not seek more bro

By afrosamurai Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:16 am
hmmm, the outputs are setting for l/r...
i think that´s a phisical problem...something with the audio board... is it possible? anybody?

By TCHARLZ Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:48 pm
Same here!
I can sample and monitor the sound in record page but neither in sample page nor main screen, I don't have no sound coming out??????

HELP

By TCHARLZ Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:30 pm
Now, the only thing I can hear when hitting a pad is a kind of crackle????????????
Even a hiss sometimes....

Also this happens when I press play after sampling a sound, I hear nothing but a crackle...

Help :cry:
By ToastRockwell Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:52 pm
i am sorry to hear about your machine. I just dealt with a very similar issue, only i had no sound output at all, without analog sampling either. It was definitely my I/O adda board, and I located the replacement which costs just under $500 new. all things considered, it made more sense for me to put the machine toward trade for a unit in better shape, and fully functional of course. it ended up totalling the same amount, without the headache and time lost due to repairs and shipping. although the part is very simple to do yourself. let me know if you need any info on the issue. good luck with your 4k

By renegadebliss Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:27 pm
Hi,
Sorry to go simple on you but wanted to make sure that you had done these things.

1) Verify that you are on the correct Multi? Many times, the MPC4000 will default to the default blank Multi... So make sure the correct Multi is selected.

2) You said on the Sample page, you couldn't hear anything. There's a section in the upper right hand corner called "monitor". If that is set to Multi and you have the wrong Multi selected, you won't hear anything, as the 4000 is set to use the Multi settings for Sound, instead of "sample".

Just wanted to make sure that those 2 had been checked....

Dave

By TCHARLZ Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:52 pm
In sample page, I set monitor to sample and I dont have no sound coming out when hitting pad except some crackle on some....
Thanx guys but I need more... :cry:

Also, RENEGADE, in record page I can hear the sound I'm samplin, and then when I press play in "keep or retry" window I hear nothing or a crackle.... :cry:
By MPC USER GUY Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:59 pm
Hello TCHARLZ and afrosamurai!

In the Global Page, have you checked to see if the Master Level is at least
-12dB or better? Maybe it's set at-42dB or something?

Try testing with the pads at "FULL LEVEL" with the Master Level at -12dB-0dB.

Let us know what happens.
MPCUSERGUY 8)

By TCHARLZ Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:14 pm
Hey User guy,
Well master level on global is at 0db with full level, nothing..... :cry:
By MPC USER GUY Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:18 pm
Hmm...ok.
Did you create a program and THEN assign samples to it? OR did you assign samples to the default "Program1?"

By TCHARLZ Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:35 pm
Well, I sample on record page, "keep" the sound in memory and then assign the sample to pad 1 in the program 1 by default

But also, what frightens me is this crackle I hear when I press play in record page/keep or retry window.....
By MPC USER GUY Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:38 pm
Ok.
When you press the "PAD ASSIGN" key does your sample appear on Pad1?

By TCHARLZ Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:42 pm
Yes
By MPC USER GUY Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:52 pm
When you say "crackle" does it sound exactly the same as the play key in "keep or retry" window as when you press Pad1?

Also, try to load a .wav sample from a CD, ext. HDD or Flash Drive from
your computer.

Let's see what happens then.