Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000

By drumtrack Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:33 am
tcharlz, i think you have an incompatible ram module or your stick isnt inserted well. try to remove it. its really easy. you should only use compatible mutec or other akai approved sticks because other sticks will fukk up your machine. it will eventually fail if the incompatible module does work. all the problems i think people are having with their mpcs is because of 3rd party ram modules or incompatible HDs or USB devices such as DVD readers and such. Those things might work but they will screw with your mpc4000.
A LiteOn DVD USB bruner/Reader worked with my MPC but after a while everything went bad. Until I disconnected it.
An internal Western Digital IDE HD was connected. It worked. I connected a Seagate instead. It works better now.
I had incompatible RAM and it worked until.... I got the same problem as you.
You all should be careful what to connect to the front USB port cause Akai made a mess of the internal architecture and did not test a lot of USB devices with it. Look at Aksys.. How often does that bitsj crash? The MPC4000 is poorly made, hardware and software wise so be careful with it.
Last edited by drumtrack on Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

tcharlz, i think you have an incompatible ram module or your stick isnt inserted well. try to remove it. its really easy. you should only use compatible mutec or other akai approved sticks because other sticks will fukk up your machine. it will eventually fail if the incompatible module does work. all the problems i think people are having with their mpcs is because of 3rd party ram modules or incompatible HDs or USB devices such as DVD readers and such. Those things might work but they will screw with your mpc4000.
A LiteOn DVD USB bruner/Reader worked with my MPC but after a while everything went bad. Until I disconnected it.
An internal Western Digital IDE HD was connected. It worked. I connected a Seagate instead. It works better now.
I had incompatible RAM and it worked until.... I got the same problem as you.
You all should be careful what to connect to the front USB port cause Akai made a mess of the internal architecture and did not test a lot of USB devices with it. Look at Aksys.. How often does that bitsj crash? The MPC4000 is poorly made, hardware and software wise so be careful with it.
Last edited by drumtrack on Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

oops double post :oops:
By MPC USER GUY Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:51 am
Hi drumtrack! How goes it?

I agree with you that it could be the RAM, but being that he just purchased this and the seller said it worked fine before he sold it to him doesn't it sound strange to you and shouldn't the seller be responsible if TCHARLZ
hasn't done the damage himself?

If TCHARLZ does open the unit and the seller finds out, the seller could say that it's TCHARLZ that caused the damage because he opened the unit up and refuse a refund. Right? :wink:

The seller could be watching this right now. :shock: Maybe?

Anyway...

Hey, drumtrack did you ever install that part we discussed a while back? Just curious. :D

Just trying to help where I can,
MPCUSERGUY 8)
By MPC USER GUY Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:11 am
TCHARLZ, I hope you don't mind if I ask you if you puchased the MPC4000 from a member of this forum? Not that it means anything; I'm Just curious.

regards,
MPCUSERGUY 8)

By drumtrack Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:57 am
Hello MPC USER GUY! My man!! How are you doing this beautiful night!?

What the heck do you mean??

Hey, drumtrack did you ever install that part we discussed a while back? Just curious.

Do you mean the USB board? Im ordering it next month! I will contact you if I dont find the screws and contacts/wires!

Goodnight, MPC USER GUY!

By drumtrack Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:00 am
but being that he just purchased this and the seller said it worked fine before he sold it to him doesn't it sound strange to you and shouldn't the seller be responsible if TCHARLZ

Yes but the MPC4000 is a strange machine! A few years back I took it to a friend and the sounds were crackling, came home and it worked again!! Thats some bizarre sjit!? I leave it at home when I can.. Im grabbing a cheaper mpc within some time or buy the MPD stuff and take my laptop with it

By drumtrack Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:07 am
what charles z should do is take out the ram and/or connect the mpc to another power hole in his wall/house. it could be that his mpc is getting too much or too little power. but i seiously think its his ram. it sure looks like it. everything can go wrong with buying via EBAY. i never do that. i buy and sell face to face!!
By MPC USER GUY Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:27 am
Hiya drumtrack! I'm doin' pr-etty good on this stunning friday night(actually Saturday morn')

Yes, I was referring to the USB board! Good, I hope it works out well for you. :D

I don't know what it is; could be the RAM, PCB CPU board, or a number of other things. I guess he's going to have to decide whether to return it or keep it and service it. Once he decides, if he decides to keep it, then I guess we could do more of an in depth study of what the problem is.

Like you, I like to do business face to face; especially with an expensive piece of hardware. "To each his own" I guess. I feel sorry for the Guy-nice guy too. Chinup TCHARLZ! something good will turn out!

Take care and Good Night Mr track; drumtrack that is! :)
Your fellow member,
MPCUSERGUY 8)

By TCHARLZ Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:09 pm
Hey guys...
What's up Mr user guy, fine?
No, I didn't purchase from a member of this forum...
At the moment, I prefer he opens it himself, for the reasons you already said User guide....
Anyway, I know his name, artist name, he has a myspace page and we are likely to meet again as we both work in french hip hop area which is a small world (he already had some placements with artists my manager knows) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Yeh I made some edits cause the deal went bad, I'm ashamed :oops: .
For further information, go check drumtrack posts :D
Last edited by TCHARLZ on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

By drumtrack Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:40 pm
well sorry then but youre a pretty dumb fuk charles! if you tested it with him and it didnt work why THE HECK DID YOU BUY IT FOR?? cmon now.. this is your own stupid fault. you were too excited and bought yourself a broken machine. and YOU KNEW IT WAS BROKE!
or did i misunderstood you?

"I plugged the mp with him, first I loaded some sounds from a previous mpc2000xl zip, the pads were immmediatly assigned with the samples, waves seen on sample page but no thing comes out....he said then that it must be due to parameters, then I went to record page to put a sound thru the AD/DA, and the sound came out so, maybe too much in a hurry, I said it was ok..."

This is one of the most stupid moves i have ever read. The guy who sold didnt rip you off. He came to you and tested the unit with you and you said it was ok and gave him the money. You have ripped yourself.
I will not buy something before I hear it working. That is a good lesson for you in the future. Anyway, I wish you th ebest of luck with your new purchase. I still think its the RAM though... Didi you read my previous posts?

By TCHARLZ Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:22 pm
WOW, chill fukface, sure I read your previous posts, and I appreciate but just calm down ok? You see the little smiley with rolling eyes in my previous post???it stands for: Damn, I'm such a dick and I KNOW IT!!!!! So please, be cool, this is hard enough for me right now, I KNOW IT WAS A BIG MISTAKE from me,I acted a fool, I was excited like a child, but everybody makes mistakes... I didn't know it was broke for sure, I thought in a hurry that if the sound came out in sample page, then it would come out with pads eventually by tweaking parameters.But right now I don't need your judgement like that, I 'm still angry against myself so what you say here is true but totally useless and negative... "This is one of the most stupid moves i have ever read">>>>>cause I'm just the stupidest user that ever went thru this board...you happy now? Don't ever come at me with this condescending attitude!

Otherwise thanx for your (previous) precious help.

By drumtrack Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:46 pm
TCHARLZ wrote:WOW, chill fukface, sure I read your previous posts, and I appreciate but just calm down ok? You see the little smiley with rolling eyes in my previous post???it stands for: Damn, I'm such a dick and I KNOW IT!!!!! So please, be cool, this is hard enough for me right now, I KNOW IT WAS A BIG MISTAKE from me,I acted a fool, I was excited like a child, but everybody makes mistakes... I didn't know it was broke for sure, I thought in a hurry that if the sound came out in sample page, then it would come out with pads eventually by tweaking parameters.But right now I don't need your judgement like that, I 'm still angry against myself so what you say here is true but totally useless and negative... "This is one of the most stupid moves i have ever read">>>>>cause I'm just the stupidest user that ever went thru this board...you happy now? Don't ever come at me with this condescending attitude!

Otherwise thanx for your (previous) precious help.

Ouch....

By drumtrack Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:48 pm