Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000

By Dr. Kunz Mon Oct 21, 2002 8:00 pm
hi,
I was asked to install an internal hard disk inside the brand new MPC4000 of a friend (yes, it was sold *without* an h.d.).
I looked at www.akaipro.com but couldn't find any technical requirements or specs about suitable disks.
Anyway, I guess any modern UDMA66 10GB or so should work, what is your word about?    Have you got a disk with your machine?    Your experience?

thank you in advance

Dr.Kunz

By mpc_DV8 Mon Oct 21, 2002 8:22 pm
I know that on the USA / Canada Akaipro site there is a drive list compatability Pdf. Im assuming it covers Hd's as I havnt downloaded it myself.  :)

By Dr. Kunz Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:31 pm
thank you,
but the file is not online.  broken link, my friend :(
I will try next days.
 thx alot
  Dr.Kunz

By BigMike Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:09 pm
Dr. Kunz wrote:hi,
I was asked to install an internal hard disk inside the brand new MPC4000 of a friend (yes, it was sold *without* an h.d.).
I looked at www.akaipro.com but couldn't find any technical requirements or specs about suitable disks.
Anyway, I guess any modern UDMA66 10GB or so should work, what is your word about?    Have you got a disk with your machine?    Your experience?

thank you in advance

Dr.Kunz[/color]

I'd suggest that you go download all the manuals of the MPC4000.  There's one that shows you how to step-by-step take the machine apart and hook up a HD or CD-ROM

I've got a Seagate 80GB drive that I just bought and put it.  Everything okay in that dept...[/color]

By Dr. Kunz Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:41 pm
thanx BigMike,
I got all online docs from Akaipro.com before posting here. The only missing document was the one with cd-r and h.d. requirements for MPC4000, so my question.    Now it's ok 'cause mpc_DV8 sent me the file.

cheers
  Dr.kunz[/color]