Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000

By mpc_DV8 Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:46 pm
Can anyone direct me to some more info on the Adat plug in?

Can I route all my sounds out of it to a mixer and if so how many channels do I get?

Any info is welcome

By Aidan AD Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:25 pm
haven't tried exporting digital from the 4k but have got it hooked up to a 4416 which sends impeccable audio to the adat slot. Maybe the stereo image is not as perfect but the signal sounds wonderful. (nb. I went for a high spec cable, the cheap optical i used first time sounded sad.) you just select digital input, choose your adat channels, 1&2, 3&4 etc and you're moving...[/color]

By mpc_DV8 Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:37 pm
Thanx M8,

I decided to go for the IB48P 8 out analouge board instead as I didnt want to buy the Adat board for my mixer aswell. This still only gives me a total of 10 outs on my mpc. Its a shame that you cant get up to 16 outs like you can on the Z8, (An ideal setup would be to slave a Z8 to the 4k and have 24 outs... hmmmm in my dreams.)

By earthmorphosis Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:11 pm
I'm using Adat cable for my 4000 going to a Tascam DM24 dig Mixer.  It will give you 8 individual dig 44/48k outputs or 4 stereo  Adat optical does not support 96k... :(
Sounds great. BTW, for it to work you must have the optical input hooked up or the MPC will not have a sync source.[/color]