Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000

By Aidan AD Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:59 pm
can someone wise in the ways explain 'parts' for me. if i set a track to parts on the main page as soon as i move to another track and set that track to another part i find the original track has also shifted to that part. what's goin on here?

the only way round this is to address the internal midi a and b from the track in question.

but i suspect that parts are some marvellous subtle wonder and if only i could work out what that wonder is ... it would change my life forever.

programs i understand. multis i also understand. BUT WHAT (the f...) ARE PARTS??? (AND NO FUNNY JOKES ANYONE)[/color]

By earthmorphosis Mon Nov 25, 2002 2:45 am
Funny I just spent the last half hour figuring that out....
A 'part' contains which ever program you assign to it--no matter what sequence or track you are using.  So the easiest way to use it at first-I guess-is to assign Program 1 to Part 1, Program 2 to Part 2 etc....Then go back and assign the appropriate part (based on what program you want to use) for each track in each sequence.  

In other words Part 1 will be the same program you assign to it no matter what sequence or track- its universal and changes universaly when you assign a different program to it.

I guess where this gets wicked is that you can assign the same program to Parts 1, 2, & 3 and use Part 1 on Track 1, Part 2 on track 2 etc.... Then go back and change which programs are assigned to the Parts and perhaps ill shi* will happen.

Hope this helps.....

I wish more people had the 4000 arround here :O

BTW have you experimented with slicing loops and the Q-link controlls yet?  This machine is blowin my head appart! :cool:[/color]