Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000

By earthmorphosis Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:31 pm
So after spending a few days loading thousands of drum samples into the MPC 4000 and backing them to internal Hard Drive, I went to back up the stuff to CD-RW,and it wont happen.  I was under the impression that it would be possible to do this with this $3500 machine.  So when that wouldn't work, I went to back up to zip, and I cant figure out how to format a zip disk-like on my old MPC2000.  So do anybody know if it will be possible to back to CDRW in future OS versions.  And, can somone tell me how to format a zip?  
Thanks[/color]

By Aidan AD Sat Nov 23, 2002 11:54 am
the cd rom will happen i'm told, but when???

sorry, no experience with formatting a zip. i would love to know how coz i'm in the same situation regarding backups

my super-frustration with the 4k has been no recognition of a usb floppy drive so far and no plans according to akai japan to support the mpc60. since i jumped from a 60 to a 4k all my work is in that format and i'm scumbered as they say. only possible option is to load to a 3000 and then into the 4k. (has anyone tried this?)

top of my wishlist for future software is groove quantize. anyone agree there?[/color]

By TREV Tue Nov 26, 2002 2:39 pm
I would question the zip drive before you try it.... I heard from a friend that he hooked up the zip drive and fried the mpc4000... and had to send it to japan for fix... check with akia and see what is compatable..... just a thought....