Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...
By DokBrown Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:21 pm
ALCHEMIST – dream career & MPC 2500

ALC has stacks of classics & has worked with hardcore legends from Currensy to Prodigy. I particularly dig how he produces whole albums instead of searching for hot singles. ALC’s career in hip hop has been pretty sweet.

BTW – his utube posts imply he has not upgraded to the new MPCs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTGheE1muVI?hd=1

I didn’t realize he’s from Beverly hills. I always associated him with Venice Beach.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Alchemist_(musician)

Whats your favorite ALC album ?
By fobedafied Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:39 am
DokBrown wrote: I particularly dig how he produces whole albums instead of searching for hot singles.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :-D

DokBrown wrote:I didn’t realize he’s from Beverly hills. I always associated him with Venice Beach.

Ev be the Venice Representative. Yup. I believe Al grew up next door to QD3. Then later mentored by Muggs. Which I mention because somewhere I read Alc state that he was very integral in the production of the Temples of Boom album by doing all the samples, yet Muggs insisted on himself programming all the drums. :idea: :shock:

DokBrown wrote:Whats your favorite ALC album ?

Im EXTREMELY partial to that Durag Dynasty schit and the Lord Steppington lp. Im bouts to indulge that Alfredo hard though... 8) :smoker:

Vodka & Ayahuasca is crazy AF too though... soooo many. :oops: :mrgreen:
By Ill-Green Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:48 pm
Alc is always up to date on gear, though I think he uses the newer MPCs to promote himself and Akai. But at the end of the day, he goes back to the 2500. Few vids of Alc using the Renaissance and an MPC X.

+1 for Vodka and Ayahuasca. I really liked the production he did for Mobb Deep on that Free Agent mixtape.
By fobedafied Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:39 am
fobedafied wrote:I believe Al grew up next door to QD3

Damn. I gots to correct myself. It was Ev grew up next to and got inspiration from QD3, not Alc. :Sigh: :WTF:

I be gettsin the stories confused too as its been so long since i heard/read about it. at this point much of its all blurred together. :? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

this are an Alc classic! :nod: :smoker:
By DokBrown Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:04 pm
Salt,

I thought I had posted that link also but I forgot.

It’s funny how every1 talks about DRE but I personally look up to ALC & madlib & DJ QUIK as LA top-shelf. DRE is on a whole other level that makes him way bigger than LA, QUIK seems to be stuck in a rut lately but madlib is hitting a stride.

COMPLEX needs to give ALC his roses
By DokBrown Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:12 pm
saltmcgault wrote:This is a special time in hip hop. imo dj muggs is on a roll as well.

IT’S THE return of the real
Powerful software/hardware are cutting out studios
PLATforms like bandcamp are cutting out the need for distribution