Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...
By emceewhiterabbit Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:42 am
fobedafied wrote:just remember, "the greatest rapper ever" is a puff daddy creation. :wink: :twisted:

true that. mother **** had a lot of money to spend on marketing.
By smackdeuce Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:18 pm
Ima say it like this:

Hip Hop is the same that it's been. It's never changed and real hip hop heads (I FEEL) like all types of good music. NOT just hip hop.

The only thing HAS changed about the culture, is corporations that try to prostitute it's potential. THAT is what's killing surface hip hop. Radio is not going to play the kind of hip hop that I like, where I live. but satellite does.

By the way, I personally do not classify Dre as hip hop, that's gangsta rap. BUT IT'S THE SHT at the end of the day.

We still have HUGE amounts of great hip hop artists, but the square demographic that doesn't identify with it, call what they see on TV hip hop. America's best dance crew IS NOT HIP HOP. it has elements of it in it, but it's not HH.

Soulja Boy IS NOT HH. TI is the same, but dude can rap. That SHT to me is coke rap. Rick Ross' quote even states: it's deeper than rap.

hip hop to me is just deeper, more lyrically aggressive and more artistic. In these stages, the money doesn't matter, because the potential is so dominant. I hope people can feel me on this.

It's about the confusion of what people perceive as HH. If anything, The DJ is dead. That's where hip hop started. We see no pieces of that left. We see drops, promos tags and BullSHT.

The mixtapes are dead too. Wayne made that happen. I remember when the mixtape was an event. people stood in line to get soundbombing tapes, clue tapes etc. That doesn't even happen anymore.

it's now 1:30 verses, no substance and no real voices.

The emcee used to be have that voice, like if you hear busta rhymes' dragon raspy vocals, you know who it is. X was the same way with his growl and bark, The mad rapper was another and pac and biggie just changed the game completely.

You know why MJ was the best to ever to in basketball?? unselfishness, humble, hard working and leading by example. it wasn't because he stuck his tongue out, or because he could dunk good. it's because he shared the court with his coach and his team mates to win. no one was better than him or vice versa on the court.

he changed the game in that aspect and no else can ever do that again, because it was so monumental.

Rap is still bringin in more money that any other genre, but it's too commercialized right now. Hip Hop brings in the most show money.

We still have some greats, good young artists and producers in this thing we call HH:
illa J
OFWGKTA
Big Sean
Stalley
Curren$y
Nas
Wiz
Kanye
Common
Mos Def
Roots
Rza Wu
OutKast
Oragnized Noize
Bun B
Drake is good too
JCole
Lupe
GhostFace

These are a few that are climbing, commercially, but are still really good.

Another thing, is that the game is wide open and has been since that declaration by Nas himself.

It's up to us to just do what we have been. It's a lifestyle to me--a culture even.

I'm gonna die that way.

Real Spit.

--
@SmackDeuce
http://smavk.me
http://Smackdeuce.bandcamp.com
http://Soundcloud.com/smackstudios