Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...
By zach Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:32 pm
any ideas.?

have been lookin' on craiglist..

im good at spinning..and need money for paints..and MPC equipt..thanx for the help,

Zachary (X-zact)
By mr_debauch Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:27 am
put an offer out on craigslist saying you DJ weddings and you are the fu*king best dj there is at under a grand...

or something creative that gives you a competitive edge.

there are a few wedding DJs around here and people who DJ in bars...
By DSTRUCT Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:46 pm
Hey I run my own mobile DJ company.

Yeah, if you dont have any connects right now, I would go to craigslist, and hit up the gigs section, and search for "DJ".

Weddings, birthdays, etc will pop up, just email them and try and get something poppin off. If you have no experience, you might have to lie about some references or whatever.

After you bang out a few events (assuming you are good) people will hire you by word of mouth. I stay pretty busy and I dont really advertise at all anymore. I mean, I have my website, but thats more for potential clients already talking with me to have something to look at. I have a little business card holder and people take cards at my gigs.

I still do check craigslist every now and then though.

Let me know if you have any questions man
By DSTRUCT Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:25 pm
KappNeffect wrote:
DSTRUCT wrote:you might have to lie about some references or whatever.

Man...this applies to everything in life, huh? Lol

hahaha yeah i guess so! I never lied about references, but if this guy has no experience in this, it might be the only way to get some bookings. I started out in the clubs and bars, and people would take my business cards and eventually I started getting hired to do private gigs, which makes up 75% of my gigs now.

I kinda miss the craziness of the bar scene though haha