Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...
By Clint Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:26 pm
Metatron72 wrote:
Grenozh wrote:Teddy Riley's sick. He did Doug E. Fresh 'The Show' and Rob Base's 'It Takes Two' if I recall.

Done some research on this:

Doug E Fresh 'The Show' and 'La di da di' both produced by Derek Bell and Ollie Cotton (1985)

Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock 'It takes two' produced by Teddy Riley (1988)

Had no idea Teddy was behind that classic joint!
By Metatron72 Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:37 pm
clint246clint wrote:
Metatron72 wrote:
Grenozh wrote:Teddy Riley's sick. He did Doug E. Fresh 'The Show' and Rob Base's 'It Takes Two' if I recall.

Done some research on this:

Doug E Fresh 'The Show' and 'La di da di' both produced by Derek Bell and Ollie Cotton (1985)

Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock 'It takes two' produced by Teddy Riley (1988)

Had no idea Teddy was behind that classic joint!

Maybe "The Show" was one those uncredited engineering gigs? It was something I was told by somebody in the '80's, and it's alluded to on his Wiki (Wiki, yeah I know :lol: ). I found a link talking about Riley and some old school guys, but the video for the link was gone. It said MC Serch ironed Whodini's shirt's, Teddy was Doug E.'s stylist and Puffy carried Doug E''s luggage. :lol:
By SFTRAXx Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:20 am
Only in hip hop realm does the "producer" title hold so much weight.

The reality is there are a gang of "super" producers all over the world who contribute to the creative / recording process who make great wages and still remain behind the scenes....and some prefer it that way. :D
By Clint Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:48 pm
SFTRAXx wrote:The reality is there are a gang of "super" producers all over the world who contribute to the creative / recording process who make great wages and still remain behind the scenes....and some prefer it that way. :D

I dont mind being behind the scenes making mad loot, besides, I'm far to old to be an artist.