Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...
By omar Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:44 pm
I was watching a Kanye West interview the other day in which he states he could and has sold a beat for a million dollars. I found this number to be ridiculous and impossible... or is it?

a million for a beat?

i started to think then..hey i really have no idea how much a "hot beat" would be sold for in the game anyway and started wondering what the figures might look like

so basically what i want to know is who do you think the top paid producers are in order from 1-10 or whatever and how much they would sell a beat for on average.

Also a side note. hip-hop is the only genre that gives so much credit to the producer. I feel like in "pop" or other genres you seldom hear about producers.. like Quincy Jones for example.. so feel free to throw in producers of all genres.
By tylawdaboss Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:02 pm
I don't think they necessarily get paid for the beat. The million dollars I think comes from the ENTIRE song. Hook, verse patterns, everything. Idk who in there right mind (successful or not) would pay 1 million for a beat.
By b.read Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:55 pm
I think Percy Miracles used to get about 5 figures/hook before he passed. Not too shabby if you ask me... 8)