Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...
By jibber Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:19 pm
I never felt like they betrayed me. However, i felt like they sold out, fell off, whatever you wanna call it.

I still listen to old stuff from the black eyed peas, busta rhymes, etc., but wouldn't bother with their new stuff... those are just two examples.

I think "disappointed" would be the better word to describe my feelings about artists selling out.
By Unfolding Machines Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:24 am
jibber wrote:I think "disappointed" would be the better word to describe my feelings about artists selling out.
True! However the article is biased with the story. I get the feeling the writer was coming to terms with the idea of sellouts/buyins/whatever.

But realistically, can we expect any musician to keep doing what they did before? Or is that unfair on the musician? Are the fans right to expect the musician to repeat doing what they did 3 years ago?

Good point about Black Eyed Peas too. Bridging The Gap was a good listen, even with its pop-ish touches. Pity they turned into hypocrites. Remember this video?

There's a difference between between being a fan of a band or an album. Folks seem to forget that all the time.