Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...
By ThatsMisterMooreToYou Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:11 pm
If beatmaking or maybe production were your thing, would you feel bad about sending one beat to multiple people to hopefully use (if its a free beat)? So you can get your name out more efficiently?

Personally I think itd be better to start having more personal relationships with people who want to use your beats and only send it out to that one person, but i feel like its ok to do what i first said if you're just starting to work with others and then after you do some work, start working on them with exclusive stuff just for them

just want to see what people think
By Tha_Skywalker Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:45 pm
Think about it like this, if you decide you want to give the same beat to different people free of charge? I don't think the people have a right to complain about it. Their not paying you so why would you feel bad? Now if you promised that beat to some one thats a different story. Plus I seen a lot of cats do exactly that but do it in a form of a competition. So its a smart idea in my opinion.
By ThatsMisterMooreToYou Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:30 pm
Tha_Skywalker wrote:Think about it like this, if you decide you want to give the same beat to different people free of charge? I don't think the people have a right to complain about it. Their not paying you so why would you feel bad? Now if you promised that beat to some one thats a different story. Plus I seen a lot of cats do exactly that but do it in a form of a competition. So its a smart idea in my opinion.

Yup thats exactly how i feel about it.. Just wanted to see what others thought
By roxstar Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:02 pm
Send your joints out to as many people as you can! More than often, I will have inquiring people say "I NEED THAT JOINT, I'M BOUT TO KILL IT" and 6 months later you don't hear anything recorded. Most rapper dudes will waste your time. Send them beats out. Post them online. If 10 people rap over the same joint, pick the best one. Unless someone drops a few $$$, no one gets exclusivity to any beats.
They might try to say "I rhymed over it, I hope its still open!" Funk that! It's open once they break some bread! NO BUX, NO BEATS!