Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...
By markusv3000 Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:19 pm
1. It’s Not Professional

If I’m claiming to be a professional in my craft, beat making for example, sending someone to a cheap generic profile that has no personality and is cluttered with useless information is an amateur move. Generic web profiles make it easy to be ignored in the competitive market of selling beats.

2. Promoting Competition & Losing Sales

One of the biggest things you should be concerned about is that when you promote your profile, you are also promoting RocBattles (or Soundclick ), and the thousands of other music producers on there. When I land on your profile, before I even scroll down to your beats, I see links to check out most popular music producers and the most popular beats, and I already want to leave your profile because I want to check out what is hot right now. There are music producers on there that will have better beats, and better prices, and you are losing sales because you are promoting them.

3. Competitive Pricing

How do you value your hard work? It doesn’t matter. Because when there are beats being sold for $10.00 (on average) you will have to keep your prices competitive to try to snag the sales. And let’s be clear: when I say $10 beats, you may think “Those are some crappy beats.” But no, there are some really professional sounding beats on the market for really cheap. We are in the digital age of FL Studio and Reason, where teenagers living at home can pump out beats all day, and $10 a beat suits them just fine because that add up for shoe money. When your music is surrounded by under-valued beats, you will have to be accommodating to survive.

More here http://hiphopmakers.com/7-reasons-to-not-rely-on-rocbattles-soundclick-sites-like-them