Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...
By biggamehit Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:25 am
Not hating on the man but yea just kinda of odd to me. Sample came from one of many Telepopmusik songs... and they have TONS stuff to sample and are not a group that are just sitting out there easy to spot.

I made this track two years ago

J.Coles version

Ill admit his version is no doubt much better. That was the 3rd or 4th beat I had ever made with my MPC at that point.

First time this has happen to me. I was irritated initially but it is what it is. If I had the spare cash I would go back and get rights to alot of the samples I used as I organized and track everyone one I have ever used. I'm just not buying that he randomly found this sample.
By Menco Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:28 pm
'Rap is an art you can't own no loops
It's how you hook em up and the rhyme style troop'

It's just a coincedence. And it's not like they pushed it the week before you was about to release this track officially costing you a few mil.

See it like this: you dug up a sample that's even good enough for somebody as professional as J. Cole to rhyme over.
By Clint Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:51 pm
So you thought that nobody else on earth could find the sample, before or after you?
By Menco Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:34 pm
Oh shit!!!!

Today I found out I accidentally did it the other way around!!!! Dilla must be really mad at me for using the same sample I haven't even paid for... :oops: