Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...
By Ill-Green Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:55 am
Its more like rise of the albums because ain't no one putting one song in their libraries, they like you then they gonna want more of you. A single is disposable like Solo plates. You eat a meal off it, you good and you toss it. But an album is a 6 month supply of doggie treats to keep a dog chills 9 mean jumping bean?
By groovemonger Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:37 pm
I don't think people respect albums as bodies of work anymore. So easy to drop the catchy tunes into your playlist and forget the rest.

When I was a kid, yeah, you'd play the singles a lot but then realise the hidden depths of the more involving tracks.

Been playing CDs in my car more these past few weeks as my iPhone link-up is broken and rediscovering these killer album tracks I'd forgotten all about.

I love albums but they are increasingly becoming something niche for the purists.
By sirparksalot Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:01 pm
The artists that I like and support are all still making albums, so I'm not worried. Also why they are probably on independent labels now instead of majors. Albums aren't going anywhere in underground hip hop, especially with physical sales on the rise.
By Jeff Blactracks Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:49 pm
Singles are a great may to build the buzz, Kid Cudi pushed Night and Day for 1 year before dropping an album. So albums are still very much alive, but singles can blow up much fast now online and brand the artist faster as well.