Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...
By Morris Cody Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:33 pm
So I am working on designs and images that speak to the MPC/ crate digger/ producer fellow.

I have not really seen a line catered to the hardcore vinyl purist/ boom bap/ and I want to create a line devoted this sub culture

Is something like this of interest to you guys? Is there certain aspects or things you'd like to see designed for to you to represent?

Any comments welcome. This forum seems slow so I may post this up in one of the other higher traffic forums.
By Mike Boogie Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:55 pm
There has been plenty that have come and gone...

Let's see some dope designs, I guarantee you'd get more play if you show some concepts.
By Clint Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:32 pm
Did you see the forum called "Crate Diggers", either there or "Off Topic" would get a better response. Let me know, and I'll move this for you. But like Mike said, it would be better if you had something to show, or at least introduced yourself and your vision differently...
By Morris Cody Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:17 pm
I have prototype designs but nothing I want to show off just yet. I was more curious on how people felt but like you said. You need to see the visuals before judgement can be made. And yes I have seen some shirts down but none that really went as far as I want to take it.

Thanks for the response guys.
By Star One Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:01 pm
Yeah would be cool. I know of http://www.dephect.com (clothing company) does a bunch of beat/digging/lab type digs like your talking about. Then a lot of graffiti clothing n ting, then a bunch of wierdo stuff.

Even so a lot of the time these sorts of things just to me look very under developed. Like too quickly done, unstyled, I dont know the word. So simple they can look like one of those on demand print shops that do one off's of custom t-shirts.

But you could prolly get a lot of real life input on here as for your designs when you get something going. Then again you also don't want your designs gettin jacked before you even put them out.

But yes. Very interested. Gotta be something ill tho, that you can really rock. Some of the shirts, I'll say on the example site I listed, would make you look like some new jack cornball....

:nod:
By inflict3 Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:29 am
I've made a few different shirt designs. A newer one with a mpc500 for my neat tape once its done.. I've got a maschine tee, a mpc 500 pads one a Sp-404 tee, also a rough drawing of the 500. Made a dope Mlk tee also a skulptur sound tee with my logo for my sound design.. you would think that there is a big untapped market bit once you start trying to sell people hit you up wanting a different device, or a different color...I'm gonna get more into it over the winter, just Finnished with a big move, so ill get my stuff posted back up on eBay, and once my beat tape finally is finished on my 500 I will give it away for free on cassette with the purchase of the new mpc500 tee..good lick to anyone who is getting into silkscreening. It's fun!! Also I silkscreened the text back on my 500 after I painted it white..