Talk about the music biz - marketing, promotions, contract law, copyright etc...
By PLAY4KEEPS Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:54 pm
If i were to do 1000 (minimum order) what are some places do get this done
provided ive done my art work (front back sides an all) i need having it shrinkwraped is a must I got fu---- by phunky phatt graphics some moons ago
but ima try this out agin my budget 4 the disks are no more than 1200 $

!

By bboutit Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:34 pm
Honestly, why don't you buy a duplicator and do it yourself???

Also, check locally, you will be surprised who offers services and it will be cheaper than mailing.

Edit:

P.S. Do your homework. lol.. I just found these.

Inland Audio-Visual Co - 1.3 miles NE - 27 W Indiana Ave # 100, Spokane, 99205 - (509) 328-0706
Tom Engdahl Video Productions - 1.7 miles S - 2214 S Lincoln St, Spokane, 99203 - (509) 747-4881
Grizzly Ranch Productions - 5.0 miles E - 6522 E 1st Ave, Spokane Valley, 99212 - (509) 536-3991

By gaston Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:19 pm
just send my work to the factory. 1000 copies will be 620 euros. graphics included. that's a good price here in Barcelona.
i know this is not an answer for your question but just to let people know how it is around here.

peace.
By DSTRUCT Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:04 pm
diskfaktory **** me over because I had samples in my shit.

they wouldnt refund my money either the bastards.
By Prah_860_ Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:39 pm
DSTRUCT wrote:diskfaktory **** me over because I had samples in my shit.

I thought you said it was Discmakers?
By DSTRUCT Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:13 pm
Prah_860_ wrote:
DSTRUCT wrote:diskfaktory **** me over because I had samples in my shit.

I thought you said it was Discmakers?

if I said discmakers, I might have been wrong

I remember thinking it was odd that the company spelled factory with a K. I dont know man, it was so **** long ago.

Either way, make sure you get all the info about the company and what they can do for you before you send them money (common sense i guess)
By DSProductionz Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:10 pm
I run a small business our of Orange County where I do minimum orders for CD's unlike most companies who i think there minimum is 100 or 200? I will do pretty much any quantity you need. I own my own duplicators and printers to do these jobs and I also work with a partner who does my replication for me and we can do high volume orders as well anywhere from 500 and up...

If you are interested you can visit the website and learn more: http://www.darksideproductionz.com

We are a multimedia service company based out of Orange County but we will work with anyone!

Thanks,
DJ Darkside
By vwilliam456 Fri May 27, 2011 7:53 am
PLAY4KEEPS wrote:If i were to do 1000 (minimum order) what are some places do get this done
provided ive done my art work (front back sides an all) i need having it shrinkwraped is a must I got fu---- by phunky phatt graphics some moons ago
but ima try this out agin my budget 4 the disks are no more than 1200 $

I know cd duplication services like www.WePrintDiscs.com which offers cheap yet affordable cd duplication. I just purchased 100 full color cd's which costs me $45 for full color. Their service is reliable and also delivery time is fast. Another thing is when you purchase more you can avail more discounts which only costs you less than $500 per 1000 discs. Hope this info helped you.
By StephanieS Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:13 pm
A great reference for this type of work would be WTS duplication. I have used them for my printing and dvd duplication and printing needs. They are a good reference for a dvd manufacturing company. They met my budget needs and provided quality work. I have added the link for your to reference:

http://www.wtsduplication.com/dvd-duplication/
By mr_debauch Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:58 pm
wow, look at all the one post wonders flock to the scene...

hey dstruct, they took your cash and sent you an email stating you had samples so no refund? Wait a second, how is that their problem? Does some sort of contract exist that makes them responsible for the work you are responsible for? Or maybe they plan on hiding their name somewhere on the product and dont want to be linked to sampling?

Also, were you able to work out a deal where you replace the master disk with something that does not contain samples so you dont lose?
By DSTRUCT Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:27 pm
mr_debauch wrote:wow, look at all the one post wonders flock to the scene...

hey dstruct, they took your cash and sent you an email stating you had samples so no refund? Wait a second, how is that their problem? Does some sort of contract exist that makes them responsible for the work you are responsible for? Or maybe they plan on hiding their name somewhere on the product and dont want to be linked to sampling?

Also, were you able to work out a deal where you replace the master disk with something that does not contain samples so you dont lose?

yeah they sent me an email saying they wont duplicate unless I could prove that I cleared all the samples. They said they wont refund any money, even if I cancel my order. I asked if there were any particular tracks that stood out to them, and they said they cant give me that info. I wanted them to tell me what tracks had samples, so I could omit or replace those songs, and send a new master but they said no.

They just heard samples and that was it.

After this fiasco, they updated their website so it says no sampled material will be duplicated.

Ever since then I have been duplicating everything myself at my house. Takes some time, but I actually like doing everything in house like that
By Ill-Green Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:21 pm
I would take them to small claims court, no need for a lawyer there. If you paid for a service that wasn't fulfilled then you're entitled to a refund. They don't have the right to act as copyright police and if the songs were against their policy then they should have noted it on the contract. If you got all your paperwork in a timely matter then you can still get your money back.
By mr_debauch Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:21 pm
Ill-Green wrote:I would take them to small claims court, no need for a lawyer there. If you paid for a service that wasn't fulfilled then you're entitled to a refund. They don't have the right to act as copyright police and if the songs were against their policy then they should have noted it on the contract. If you got all your paperwork in a timely matter then you can still get your money back.

yes! I would be pissed at those guys and do what ever I could to teach them a lesson.
By Prah_860_ Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:25 pm
I told D they shouldn't be allowed to do that because he paid for a service...if they can't provide that service he was entitled to at least a partial refund