Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By richie Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:57 am
That looks like the same one but it honestly is worth your time to ignore it all together, get the adapter board to use the better encoder.

I'm blanking out at the moment but there's a fellow on this forum from Germany that posted a topic, about an adapter board he made to utilize the ALPS encoder that is used on the XL, 500, 1000 and 2500. His adapter board ends up being cheaper than dropping money on a newer control PCB, far more accurate as well.
By Cloud.Paradigms Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:09 pm
richie wrote:That looks like the same one but it honestly is worth your time to ignore it all together, get the adapter board to use the better encoder.

I'm blanking out at the moment but there's a fellow on this forum from Germany that posted a topic, about an adapter board he made to utilize the ALPS encoder that is used on the XL, 500, 1000 and 2500. His adapter board ends up being cheaper than dropping money on a newer control PCB, far more accurate as well.

Thanks for the reply! I like where you're going with this. Were you referring to this post?

viewtopic.php?p=1762718