Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By charles p Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:07 pm
I just got a huge problem with my mpc2k5. When I press a pad, for example pad 1, it plays like at the same time pad 4 !!
Same thing for pad 2 and 3 !

For pad 5,6 and 7 it plays pad 8 at the same time !

Its weird because I own this mpc since at least one year and it suddently began to do that ! AHHH

Is this a sensor problem, or a soft problem ?

Thanks for your help !

Charles
By markmorgan10 Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:12 pm
evening Charles

Well you've probably checked your program settings - make sure that each pad plays the sample you want.
In fact - probably worth going into TRIM mode just so you know you have the sample and play it (maybe the samples are mixed - although this is not likely)
if you create a new program with totally different samples - and you do get the same problem - then I would guess that there is a pad/sensor issue. There is another post around at the moment and at least removing pads on the 2500 doesn't seem like too much of a problem - so Id give that a try and with a soft cloth - wipe the sensors underneath.
Other than that - If you're technically minded, I reckon its worth downloading the service manual for the 2500 (again there's a post on the service manual for the 1000 and someone helpfully provides a link for the 2500 one) and having a look.
If all else fails - I'd give http://www.mpcstuff.com a look and send them an email (as they may have seen this before). They're generally helpful - and may well have seen this before.

http://www.mpcstuff.com/mpc-2500-pad-se ... nd-se.html

may be what you're looking for.

Good luck

Mark
By taxman806 Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:12 pm
I had this problem not too long ago. Take your 2500 apart and just start cleaning sensors and stuff. Worked for me.
By charles p Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:35 pm
thanks for your help

I opened it, remove the pads and clean the sensors.... same problem !

But I noticed that there was some air bubbles under the sensor sheet. Now I wonder if I can just remove the sensor sheet, clean the plate and then replace the sensors.

thanks
By PillsInfinity Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:15 pm
Take this with somewhat of a grain of salt because i think i had this issue too once and I'm pretty sure I solved it by opening up my mpc and spraying deoxit on the pads.

...I'm now actually 100% sure i did but one thing i did notice as well is that sometimes another button unrelated to pads that has a connectivity issue (which can be fixed with deoxit) as well can make multiple pads trigger at once.

Deoxit may seem a little expensive for a contact cleaner but getting it on amazon was one of the best things i ever learned on this forum; its saved me 100's of dollars on repairs and even purchasing new cables for my synths and stuff.
By epps Fri May 29, 2020 1:37 am
charles p wrote:thanks for your help

I opened it, remove the pads and clean the sensors.... same problem !

But I noticed that there was some air bubbles under the sensor sheet. Now I wonder if I can just remove the sensor sheet, clean the plate and then replace the sensors.

thanks

I think once you take it off it's toast. I just replaced my pad sensor today and that was what i was reading about before I changed it