Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Lazy Eyes Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:35 pm
hi all,

I've had non responsive pads for a while now and have taken off the casing.. Thing is when i turn the mp on and go to the other screen and try to set the responsiveness of my pads while pressing. I see the pressure indicator going up when pushing a pad but the velocity doesn't respond. All some occassions it does but thats like one out of 50.

My questions is, what could be the problem and what can i do?
By Sense-A Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:09 pm
_Stilo_ wrote:You do know that you have to hit the Pad fast to produce a velocity readout? Just pushing it is not supposed to produce velocity.

Not sure about that. My belief is that pressure relates to after touch. Pressure / aftertouch relates to how much you press the pad down once you've triggered it. Probably works better on a keyboard...

Velocity is about how hard you initially hit the pad. This usually translates to volume, by default, on the MPC 1000.

I'm writing because I am having trouble with pads 1 and 2 on my MPC 1000 triggering pressure, but not velocity.

The OP's comment is almost a decade old, but I am responding anyways for informative purposes because I was searching this forum for information about my problem.