Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By syn-fi Sat May 18, 2013 5:27 pm
hi,
i'm not familiar with the MPC2500 but i have tried SSD IDE (Samsung, Transcend) in Emu Samplers and the AKai Z4.

Now the SSD ide is recognised and works in the z4 (so presumably the MPc4000) but not in the Emu samplers. I think this is because the SSD Ide works in ATA-5 and there is no way to send it back to PIO-Mode or ATA-3.

So it will work in the later Akai's but not the older samplers which work on a slower IDE bus.
Hope this helps
By ttt Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:52 am
As mentioned above, the Transcend SSD does not work unless you put it in Master mode by putting in the correct jumper. This sadly isn’t possible with the HDM-10 by default.

I’m using the same brand of SSD and I‘ve been able to resolve the issue successfully by soldering in a pin headers and adding a jumper on the HDM-10 board. This should be extremely straightforward for anyone with basic (de)soldering skills.

After doing this, the SSD is recognized by the MPC-1000 and worked perfectly fine for me.

By brandb Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:24 pm
I 2nd this, that is what I did on a friends mpc although I used speaker wire :smoker: to make a jumper.. it would be cool if the adapter that mpcstuff sells added pins to close the jumper, as it is there are holes to connect yourself.
By okto Wed May 12, 2021 4:39 pm
MPCdawk wrote:Most genuine or true IDE SSD drives should work without issue as long as they can be set to master and still fit into the HDM-10.

Necroposting to confirm this. I have an M.2 SSD in an IDE adapter sled in my 2500 and it gives constant write errors. My semi-educated guess is there's a buffer over/underrun somehow, the 2500 is expecting a hard disk with a buffer and the much faster SSD isn't behaving like it expects.

It's also significantly slower than the CF slot.