Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By eskay Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:52 pm
Hi,

I am sending individual pads / programs through to logic for a mix down. A few of the pads have fx assigned to them (eg a snare with a load of reverb on it).

When the pad is assigned to output 12 it sends the unaltered 'pure' sample without the fx on. Is there any way to send it with the fx or does it always bypass it?

The only way I can think of at the moment is assign it to ST and assign everything else to an unused channel, then record out of that.

Also, I am assuming the master eq and compressor are also bypassed when recording through individual outputs - is that right?

Any help massively appreciated thanks.
By SimonInAustralia Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:40 pm
eskay wrote:When the pad is assigned to output 12 it sends the unaltered 'pure' sample without the fx on. Is there any way to send it with the fx or does it always bypass it?

Manual says no...shows diagram on page 92 where the effects send is after the send to the assignable outs, so is not possible, says this...
Person who wrote Akai MPC2500 Operator's Manual wrote:Tips : This picture displays the signal flow of the sample sound to the stereo out through the effect section. As you can see in this picture, you can only apply the effects to a pad whose outputs are set to the stereo out.

You cannot apply the effects to a pads whose outputs are set to the assignable mix output.

eskay wrote:Also, I am assuming the master eq and compressor are also bypassed when recording through individual outputs - is that right?

Manual says that is right...on page 101...
Person who wrote Akai MPC2500 Operator's Manual wrote:Using the master effect
The master effect is applied to the overall sound from the stereo out. You can use it separately from the effects of FX1 and FX2. The effects you can use as the master effect are a 4 band equalizer and compressor. With these effects you can add the final touches to the sound.
By Menco Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:59 am
1. Apply FX to samples
2. Resample the samples with the applied FX
3. Replace the samples or loops with the resampled ones

Or:

Track out the tracks one by one through the main outs

Or:

Resample all the tracks track by track, save them to your HD or SD and import them on your computer.

Or:

Duplicate the FX in FL. If you manage to figure out which FX correlates with the MPC FX you should get way better results.

Or:

When recording a sample go to Input Thru first, set up your FX and you will record the sample with the already applied FX.