Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By DJ A-Sharp Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:51 pm
I have seen a lot of people having trouble on here with Compact Flash cards so I thought I'd give you a great solution which I discovered. Bypass this post if someone already came up with this idea/solution.

Finding CF cards is a pain and I never liked the fact that you can't "protect" the info on them. <---I have erased a lot of beats by accident which is why I say this.

I personally prefer SD cards which are easier to find for purchase and give you the ability to "lock" the data so it won't be written over by accident. To use SD cards with your MPC2500 you will need to purchase one of these

Image.

What I do is buy SD cards such as this one

put them in the CF card adapter and I'm good to go.

BTW...I only buy the regular SanDisk Blue SD cards as the one above and the highest GBs I have used has been the above 32GB card. Use other brands and storage sizes at your own risk.

As for the SD to CF adapter, I purchased the exact one pictured above from eBay for less that $15 dollars.

PEACE
By jackitec Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:40 pm
Hi, I was going to start a similar thread until I saw this one, I too prefer SD cards and I have the adaptor which I used for my Camera, and it works fine on my MPC2500, I can also tell you that it works with the micro SD adaptor and Micro SD cards which are really cheap, so there you go,

have a great day,

Jack.
By saltmcgault Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:22 am
i’ve been using a similar cf card adapter with 128gb micro as card i also purchased a hard drive adapter where you can use a Sd card. that also has 128gb with memory. with programs sequences and songs “memory space” it takes approx 15-20 gb off the 128gb. it’s really close to that number but i don’t know the exact number. i start a project and don’t get lazy name all track sequences and programs save it to its own named folder when i’m done for the time being or when it’s complete. kind of nice not worrying about “memory card full” flashing up on the screen and
no more lost beats or samples scattered all the **** around in the wind. haven’t had any problems yet. i have mega storage. 128gb hd and 2 x 128gb cf cards. i think i’m good for a while . :lol: