Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By richie Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:13 pm
Maybe any of you folks who bought this could take a macro shot of the tact twitches. If they're the ALPS ones, you'll see the ALPS logo on the bottom which should help people figure out what it is they are getting.
By -niN Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:10 pm
This is great news.my wheel is dead since ages. Anyone tried using the new pcb withanolder jjos? I have jjos 2 version 1.17
By atasco Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:46 pm
I think it will only work if you are able to choose between encoder types 1&2 in Mode+Pad 10. Not sure in which version this option was introduced.

Waiting for mine + some new buttons, can't wait to install and try it out.
By _wheeljack_ Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:14 pm
not incredibly stoked to report that the tap tempo button has died already. which sucks because i just installed the board 2-3 weeks ago. considering sending it back, but at the same time such a pain in the ass to then have a week or two w/out the mpc.

i can do without it (tap tempo), but still ... have heard of a few peeps with faulty switches from this thread. the stock akai tacts were garbage, sucks that this is happening with some of the replacement boards.
By atasco Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:38 pm
:WTF: :WTF:

damn that sucks..

I was so excited about picking mine up from the post office tomorrow

any idea what the cause is? hard to believe that the tact switches they're using are worse than the akai ones
By richie Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:24 pm
So how come none of you have posted close up pics about the tact switches yet? Lazy.
By atasco Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:50 pm
Can't see any ALPS logo. If it's on the bottom I can't tell because they're soldered in obviously. No other signs to tell what kind they are

e: so everything seems good so far, installation was quite easy (fiddling with the ribbon and the connectors was the hardest part).

the black V2 jog wheel looks fantastic and has a very nice feel to it. only downside is the wobble that is mentioned on the product page. I've tried to fit it on every which way and it still doesn't sit perfectly but it's not a big deal

buttons feel nice, a bit more snappy and not as wobbly as the akai ones (I did buy the mpc button kit also)

don't really have the time to give everything a more thorough test but time will tell with the tact switches. will report back if anything goes wrong

oh and on an unrelated note, do not buy these if you have a 2500: http://www.mpcstuff.com/silver-top-blac ... -maschine/

they're not shaped to fit the rotary encoders so they're extremely loose and don't do what they're supposed to do
By konc3pt Wed May 06, 2015 11:58 pm
the ALPS switches feel smooth like butter in comparison to the stock akai

atasco wrote:
oh and on an unrelated note, do not buy these if you have a 2500: http://www.mpcstuff.com/silver-top-blac ... -maschine/

they're not shaped to fit the rotary encoders so they're extremely loose and don't do what they're supposed to do

are you sure about that ??? there should be a hole on the side somewhere witha tiny screw in it to tighten up on the encoder shaft
By atasco Fri May 08, 2015 11:16 pm
konc3pt wrote:the ALPS switches feel smooth like butter in comparison to the stock akai

atasco wrote:

are you sure about that ??? there should be a hole on the side somewhere witha tiny screw in it to tighten up on the encoder shaft

yep I forgot to report back, I felt very stupid after discovering that little screw on the side. so those knobs do work and they are very sexy

also damn, the volume/rec gain encoders are stiff on the new PCB. maybe they'll loosen up with more use
By sinik Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:46 am
sorry for bring this thread back out, but i was wonder if some more people can share their thoughts on this pcb-board.

the locate buttons on my mpc give me a hard time right now, and im sick of clicking and clicking over again to get just one step further. dont have any problems with the jog-wheel though.

should i get myself this new pcb-board from mpc-stuff or should i just buy the alps-switches and go to a pro electrician with it?

do the tact-switches from the new pcb-board respond better than the original ones?

thanks
By richie Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:54 pm
Same ALPS tact switches, only difference with the mpc stuff board is the design to utilize the XL type of jog wheel.

So in other words, if your jog wheel is fine, then replace the tact switches on your board.
By sinik Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:28 pm
thanks.

seems like that new pcb board is the right thing to buy. and although my jog wheel works fine, an improvement is always welcome, since i know how the one on the 2000xl behaves.
don't have the tools and the confidence to replace the switches on my own.