Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By granma Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:28 am
Hi!

500 units of the special edition of the 2500 were made. Does anybody know where is this number printed on the MPC?

Thanks!

:)
By konc3pt Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:07 pm
I believe it is on the metal tag that's on the front somewhere where the CF card slot is
By granma Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:46 am
There's where it suppose to be but there's no serial number there, just a flashy silver card with the special edition on it, but no number :Sigh:
By TheUnfuckwithable Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:24 am
granma wrote:Hi!

500 units of the special edition of the 2500 were made. Does anybody know where is this number printed on the MPC?

Thanks!

Don´t confuse the LE (Limited edition) with the SE (Special edition) versions of the 2500.
By granma Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:10 am
Thanks brother

What are the differences between Special Edition and Limited Edition?

Best!
By jibber Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:55 am
I think there's no difference except for the small plate saying 1 out of blabla...

I also don't believe they made just 500.

Correct me if i'm wrong.
By sally Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:29 am
granma wrote:Hi!

Thanks!

THIS NUMBER IS PRINTED ON THE PACKAGING.

(adiós)
By sally Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:58 pm
sally wrote:
THIS NUMBER IS PRINTED ON THE PACKAGING.

ImageImage Imagesecond MPC :nod:
By Bombbeats4000 Thu May 20, 2021 6:32 pm
Just for future reference.
There is NO such thing as special numbers on the 2500 SE.
The Limited Edition was made in a Limited series of 500 in total. Needless to say that these were sold fast and most people seem to like the coloring and the full options (full RAM, CD drive, etc).
Due to the good sales Akai decided to rinse and repeat this process to make some extra bucks.
They released the Special Edition version which was NOT limited so you can figure out that they made thousands of them and those are the ones that you see more often.
They are technically identical however the LE has the green display while the SE has the blue one. Just both as powerful, same internals, same max Ram.

The LE could eventually become a true collectors item due to the limited numbers produced. Right now some of the 500 machines have been parted out, some destroyed, some messed up/all worn out so it's safe today that there are much less than 500 on this planet in great condition and in proper working order.
This eventually will make them gain value over time. The SE is much easier to find due to the amount that was produced and their value is lower.
There is always something about that limited number (X out of XXX) that appeals to people.
By CTM Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:39 pm
Hi all,

Old thread I know. Id rather have the SE with the nifty blue screen. ha You can keep you number 36 out of 500