Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Rucks LeBucks Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:00 am
Hey guys I'm a rookie to the forum, have tried to search but not sure I actually know what I'm searching for.

just upgraded from a 1000 to 2500 and after installing a HDD in the 2500 i have been having strange issues, when going into load screen the HDD spools up I'm getting a crackle through the main output, tried switching to the HDD from the 1000 and same issue.

Secondly when working on a project after having been to the load screen a bunch I went to the save screen and the MPC restarted itself.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be or experienced anything similar?
By jaasi Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:03 pm
I know that nobody will reply, but I am having a similar issue. Lately, sometimes when I go in to load/save screen and the hard drive is accessed, I get a very loud white noise-type constant signal that won't stop until I switch the MPC 2500 off and back on. It sucks! If, by any chance, anyone can help me, that would be very unexpected and very great!
By jaasi Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:49 pm
The Sample Network wrote:Sounds like your HHD is go out.

Sorry?
By NearTao Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:52 am
I think he meant hard disk drive. Can you mount it on your computer and check for errors? Probably will require buying a new one if you're hearing noise from it.

There are some HDD to CF adaptors so you could switch out to a flash memory type of storage.