Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Palsby Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:21 pm
Hi guys.

I recently acquired a Roland TR 606, however i am experiencing some sycn problems with the 606 when i am sending midi clock from my mpc to my Beatstep Pro or my XBase 09 sending clock out to 606.

If i internally sync my Beatstep pro and do not use the MPC at all, the 606 is syncing perfectly with the Beatstep, but as soon as i midi sync the Beatstep from the MPC, and use the MPC as master clock, the 606 plays its first step twice and gets one 16th note behind the MPC and the Beatstep.
The Beatstep and the MPC is running fine together with no sync problems.
The same thing happens when i use my XBase 09 to sync the 606. If i send DIN Sync from the XBase09 to the 606 without the MPC as master clock for the XBase i get no problems, but as soon at i send midi out from the MPC to the XBase the 606 starts getting out of sync. Therefore i conclude that the problem is not with the Beatstep og the XBase, but with the MPC.

U guys have any suggestions on why this is happening?

Victor
By AE.Records Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:34 am
Hi!

I'm french... sorry for my language... but I've the same problem with acidlab bassline (clone tb303).
On the web, I've searched if this problem was known. Some body mets this problem with din sync product like tb303 or tr606 only when this products plugged on mpc (1000 or 2500).

I've a mpc 2500 and a machinedrum.
With machinedrum, all is ok! But with mpc2500, there is a problem like you say.

With midiox (midi monitor on PC), we can see that timing clock send by mpc2500 is not the same that tb303/tr606 or bassline of acidlab understand.
The din-sync products send and receive a timing clock like F2 00 00, while mpc (x)k send and receive a timing lcock like F2 01 00 .

According to me, this little difference (00 vs 01) of "start" makes tr606 or tb303 or bassline begin and repeat the first step and move one step.
By Snappy Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:31 pm
What OS are you using . I've got two mpc2500's and the akai 1.24 is a terrible master but a good slave and the akai 1.23 is a great master but a terrible slave. Sure I go further into it somewhere on this forum.
By DarkDuck Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:41 pm
Hello guys,

Have the problem with MPC 2500 and Roland TB-3, have checked different cables and modes on Akai, MIDI chanels and stuck.
When I start the sequence from Akai TB-3 did not start, then I start it manyally(TB-3)pushing play from it, but, if I push STOP from Akai they stopp together, looks like Roland TB-3 does not understand PLAY from master Akai. Any ideas how to fix it?

Greetings from Chisinau :wink: