Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By twist1ne Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:37 pm
http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=181977

Just wanted to update this section of the forum on progress made on using (2) 128GB Micro SD cards in the 2500 at the same time.

The thread is in the JJOS forum but I just verified that Akai O.S. 1.24 works.

Short version: it's possible to use a 128GB card as the hard drive and another 128GB card as the memory card, for over 240GB of solid state storage!

There are links and videos of the items needed in the last few posts. Total cost for me was about $115. That's two 128GB SanDisk cards for $90 total, $10 for the SD-to-CF adapter for the memory card slot and $15 for the 44-pin SD-to-IDE adapter that connects to the HDM-10.

Thanks.
By Walk Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:46 pm
Hey there, congrats on your massive amount of storage. As a newbie, I'm wondering, can I also do this with 2 CF cards? Is there a reason why people prefer SD over CF? Thanks!
By hazeholiday Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:53 am
I'm currently using a 128GB SanDisk card and CF adapter formatted from within JJOS. However, when I go to load samples, I can either preview one or two before it crashes, or sometimes not at all. I know it's not a hardware problem as my OEM MPC 128MB CF card works fine. I'm curious to know if there is a certain way to format an 128GB SD so it works without crashing (when I do format the card, it shows the correct amount of storage after), if I possibly got a bad CF adapter (unlikely, but not impossible), or if there is some other caveat I am not aware of? Thanks in advance!!