Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By J_Gil Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:34 pm

Hello MPC world!

Been a while because I gave up on the damn thing.

That YouTube link is exactly what I want to be able to do, quick and easy sequencing and looping.

I have everything (guitar, synths, mice,) connected into an interface. One of the outputs of the interface is going into the MPC 2500 running jjos.

I have figured out the audio thru stuff and managed to record. BUT, everything gets recorded. Click, beat that's already playing. And it sounds really bad, like lofi bad. :fku:

I'm so over this thing. It's been collecting dust on the desk for 2 years. If I can get it to do exactly this, it'll change things. Any help? :worthy: :vomit: :hmmm:
By Sharris Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:39 pm
I do the same thing you do except I use a mixer instead of an interface. Whatever you have going into the inputs of your MPC will record when you sample, the only way that I know of to separate the audio would be to record/sample 1 thing at a time in your MPC. So once you have your first sound the way you want it, record/sample it into the MPC, assign it to a pad, record it into the sequence, then onto the next. I know this will disrupt your flow, but I think it's pretty fast. Just sample 1 sound at a time.

When you say it samples the click beat (metronome), are you using the MPC's metronome? Are you resampling the sounds coming from the MPC instead of sampling the external gear? Or are you using a metronome from another piece of gear (not the MPC)?

It almost sounds like you're resampling instead of sampling but I could be wrong. If you're MPC is the masterclock & you're resampling instead of sampling, that's probably why EVERYTHING is getting sampled including the metronome........it could be why it sounds bad too.

I would do some troubleshooting, try doing 1 thing at a time. Check to see if you're sampling the inputs of the MPC or the outputs of the MPC. If you know you're sampling the inputs only, try sampling 1 piece of gear directly into the MPC without the interface, if it sounds good then you know it's not the MPC causing the issue, ect, ect.

& I apologize, I'm at work so I didn't watch the video, but maybe someone else can help as well, I just thought I would throw a few things out there that might help.