Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By DustyMagic Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:41 am
Hi MPC folks,
Just got a 2500 and working up my band's live set on it. I created all my loops in Pro Tools and bounced them in a folder and copied it to my 2500's hard drive. I made a program with the samples, and did not edit them at all, they are exactly as bounced. Looking at the HD on my 2500 the folder with the samples is still there but now there are copies of the samples at the root level of the drive, with the exact same name as the original files. The date of all the new file is Dec 31 1969 when I look at it on my Mac desktop. Can I delete the new files, or put them in a folder? I just don't want the root file crowded with samples, especially since I have 6 more songs to add to the project. Thanks in advance for any help!
Josh
By BlackMetaphor Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:36 pm
Not sure about the duplicate files. The extras should be able to be deleted without issue. Did you ever figure out the December 1969 file date issue? Every track I make it n my MPC says December 31 1969 as date created.
By Komatos Records Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:40 pm
I don’t have an MPC 2500 so take my answer with a grain of salt. December 31,1969/January 1, 1970 as file dates in just a computer system wide default date for when there is no way of keeping time on the local device (or if the CMOS/BIOS backup battery has failed). It’s the beginning of the modern computer era.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/263 ... er-31-1969