Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Olisit Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:00 pm
when i bought my 2500 it came with an installed hard drive that had a few samples on it. i was always able to preview/load those samples in the mpc, but when i tried to connect with USB and transfer all my samples to the hard drive, windows kept giving me an error that it couldn't copy the files, error 80004005. since then i just used old 1gb cf cards that i had from my mpc1000. i started running out of room so i went to best buy and bought a SanDisk 32gb CF. At first the MPC kept freezing so I formatted the CF and then it was able to mount with the computer. but now I'm getting the same error I had with the hard drive, error 80004005, can't copy files.....any thoughts?
By Ill-Green Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:14 pm
Yeah, those old MPC models only can read up to 2GB. That 32GB card is putting a lot of stress on the 2500.

Best to find a 2GB CF card and when that overfills, upload the content to a PC and refresh it to use again. Or continue to use the 1GB card and do as mentioned.

Also, when transfering files from and to the MPC and PC, its best to have them at [email protected] wav. to avoid further issues.
By richie Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:49 pm
Buy this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Speed-SDXC-SDH ... 3126131320

Then buy yourself a decent branded micro sd card, most of them come with a microsd to sdhc adapter. I have used 32, 64 gig ones in my MPC 1000's without any problems.

Then go on instagram to one of those girls with their tits out and say "Yo girl I'm a producer, You look like you got what it takes to be the next Rihanna"