Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By RFO Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:52 am
Hi there.

I'm having a hard time trying to do two things at the same time:

- use my synth as a MIDI Controller to trigger a VST in Ableton,
- record the midi notes of my synth into the MPC sequencer.

For the second one, this is what I did and this works just fine:

SYNTH MIDI OUT to MPC MIDI IN
and
MPC MIDI OUT to SOUNDCARD MIDI IN

Only thing is I have to play back the midi notes recorded into the MPC in order to listen to the VST audio. It's good but I'd like to listen to the VST by just playing a note on the controller and not having to record it and playback. In order to do that I would have to plug SYNTH MIDI OUT to SOUNDCARD MIDI IN, but the synth output is already taken and obviously there are no two of them.

I would be grateful for any help!!

Hope it makes sense.

Thanks,

Ruben.
By Sharris Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:42 pm
Your midi connections should be fine, that sounds like an audio issue, not a midi issue.

Where do you have the audio out of your vst's?

If it's hooked to the audio in of your MPC, what os do you have?

With JJOSXL you can monitor the sound on the sequencer page, but I know you can't with the free JJOS, you'll only be able to monitor the sound on the sample page (not sure about the akai os).

So it depends on the os in your MPC.

I THINK you can record midi in your sequence while on the sample page, I'm not sure, but worth trying it out.....

If you don't have a paid JJOS & you want to hear the audio while on the sequencer page you'll need to buy JJOS or plug the audio of the vst somewhere else.

If you have a paid JJOS look up audio thru. Set it to audio thru on the sequencer page & you'll hear your vst's while playing :smoker:
By RFO Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:07 pm
Hi there!! I found a solution for my problem!
I have a free JJOS 3.13. Just went to the Midi/sync settings and changed Soft thru to "As track" and it works perfectly fine.

thank you for your answer, blessings!

R
By saltmcgault Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:43 pm
RFO wrote:Hi there.

I'm having a hard time trying to do two things at the same time:

- use my synth as a MIDI Controller to trigger a VST in Ableton,
- record the midi notes of my synth into the MPC sequencer.

For the second one, this is what I did and this works just fine:

SYNTH MIDI OUT to MPC MIDI IN
and
MPC MIDI OUT to SOUNDCARD MIDI IN

Only thing is I have to play back the midi notes recorded into the MPC in order to listen to the VST audio. It's good but I'd like to listen to the VST by just playing a note on the controller and not having to record it and playback. In order to do that I would have to plug SYNTH MIDI OUT to SOUNDCARD MIDI IN, but the synth output is already taken and obviously there are no two of them.

I would be grateful for any help!!

Hope it makes sense.

Thanks,

Ruben.

check out mpcstuff tutorials. andy has a ableton/mpc tutorial that covers a lot of stuff. it’s a must have if you are using ableton with your mpc. i think it’s like $20. i think it will fill in the gaps on the questions you have.

:smoker: