Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By richie Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:04 pm
It's not clearly listed in the service manual.

I remember it being a RK14K12-D series, so you can also order RK14K1230D0R while you are at it in case the one you chose did not work out for you.
By richie Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:31 pm
That's because Akai didn't list the part name based on the real naming but based on their naming convention.
By misterfade Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:26 pm
richie wrote:That's because Akai didn't list the part name based on the real naming but based on their naming convention.

Ah, ok got it. But is the RK14K1230D0R the same for both rec/main? They seem to be different.
By Wreckon1 Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:37 am
Hey guys,
Were you able to figure out the ALPS model number of the replacement record/volume pots? Do you know if they are different or if they are the same?

Thanks
By misterfade Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:54 pm
Wreckon1 wrote:Hey guys,
Were you able to figure out the ALPS model number of the replacement record/volume pots? Do you know if they are different or if they are the same?

Thanks

Mine aren't too bad now so I didn't get around to replacing them yet but I would like to eventually.

I still don't know if that part is the same or not because looking at the MPC Stuff site it says they're different. I might end up just getting it from their site to be safe even though the price is high.

https://www.mpcstuff.com/mpc-2500-volum ... y-encoder/